Cheap Stuff that Works

Geedubya

Lil-Rokslider
Newbie,

Late to the party and did not go through every page of this thread so pardon if these have already been mentioned.

One thing that I find to be indispensable (for my type of hunting, among other duties) are adjustable bungees.

5K6cR0Z.png

I buy this assortment, mainly for the 4 adjustable bungees that are included. Cost is +/-$10 for the container at Home Depot.

udd1gBV.png

Great for securing stuff to a pack.

oj7JuXU.png

or tying stuff down to haul on an ATV

ZbEGBm2.png

RtvASkK.png

as well as many other similar uses,

RQXysIF.png

one is pretty much limited only by his imagination.

ya!

GWB

I personally run a shitty, thin, kinda gross looking one. Would love something more robust but been saving up to pay off the fridge we use for target practice.
Ya save your sheckles and buy once cry once when it comes to facial hair, now that I've run an alpha beard for a few seasons I can't go back to entry level whiskers. Here I am looking homeless as hell but extra happy I saved that $15 on a neck gaiter.

1621265689797.png

Not everything should cost an arm and a leg. Post any inexpensive stuff you’d recommend that just flat works.

I’ll start with a Mora 711. ~4.5 oz with sheath, easy to sharpen (and resharpen in field), and the textured rubberized grip is fantastic. Easy to grip and your hand doesn’t tire after several hours of boning.

$15

Mora 711 Carbon Steel 4 Inch

228ccc3d794989a4daff06c8af9b3ead.jpg

Heavy duty window shrink wrap - makes a great meat tarp or even a groundsheet. With some duct tape you could probably rig an emergency shelter.

6 oz for a 5’ x 10’ sheet, can be cut to size.

$7.94

7a49c143892f0f40c412fc01231edfd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven’t tried the window kit yet. Good idea though. Thanks!

azritch

FNG
Alps Outdoorz Commander X pack and frame. Typically you pay 6-700 dollars for a pack the comes with less stuff included than this pack. I used it elk hunting in Idaho and it worked great. Little on the small side for a 10 day backpack hunt but I made it work. I am actually looking to sell mine. In excellent condition.
Did you sell it? Just getting back into hunting and looking for gear. Thanks

twall13

WKR
I just got one of these adapters to mount my binos on the tripod.
It works great! $17.00
I picked one of these up so I can have my son use it with my backup tripod and binoculars this season. I have to say, it's pretty tough to beat for the price. No, it's not on the same level as my Outdoorsman adapter, but I wouldn't expect that for the price. It's perfectly functional and should work well for anyone on a budget. I added a small arca plate to the bottom and now it works with any of my tripod heads. I might even prefer this to the Field Optics Research mount I tested a few years back. Thanks for posting it up!

Voyageur

WKR
I can't remember if it was this thread or a different one where the Amazon Amoji croc style shoes were discussed as a cheap alternative to the Croc brand shoes for camp use...Anyway, I bought a pair of the Amoji shoes for under $20 and was really happy with them until my most recent trip. One night when I went to wear them one of the shoes was incredibly tight, almost to the point of not being able to put it on. It was at least a full size smaller than it had been earlier in the day. Closer inspection showed the shoe had also curled into a crescent shape. The shoes had been sitting in my truck bed covered by a fiberglass camper shell and the only thing I can figure is heat/sunlight had shrunk it. Had they been sitting on the dashboard of my vehicle I could understand it happening, but under a white fiberglass topper shell with tinted windows seemed unexpected.
I'm curious if anyone has had this happen with the Croc brand shoes? I'm wondering if maybe their greater cost might have something to do with the rubber material being resistant to having this happen???

fmyth

WKR
I can't remember if it was this thread or a different one where the Amazon Amoji croc style shoes were discussed as a cheap alternative to the Croc brand shoes for camp use...Anyway, I bought a pair of the Amoji shoes for under $20 and was really happy with them until my most recent trip. One night when I went to wear them one of the shoes was incredibly tight, almost to the point of not being able to put it on. It was at least a full size smaller than it had been earlier in the day. Closer inspection showed the shoe had also curled into a crescent shape. The shoes had been sitting in my truck bed covered by a fiberglass camper shell and the only thing I can figure is heat/sunlight had shrunk it. Had they been sitting on the dashboard of my vehicle I could understand it happening, but under a white fiberglass topper shell with tinted windows seemed unexpected.
I'm curious if anyone has had this happen with the Croc brand shoes? I'm wondering if maybe their greater cost might have something to do with the rubber material being resistant to having this happen???
I left a pair of black crocs in the bed of my truck for an afternoon and they shrunk about 2 sizes and one curled up.

drew23

FNG
This thread is awesome. Like others, send like I have an Amazon wishlist a mile long now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
Don't want to spend $70 + $20 (or more) for the stud or install for an Outdoorsman.

Or $50 on a Field Optics/Vortex Tripod adapters?

$17!!