Cheap Stuff that Works

bere09

FNG
I'm a newbie just getting back into hunting so I have nothing to add, but this thread is solid gold. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Please keep em coming!

Cotton balls - pull them apart just slightly and put a good dab of PJ on each one. Store em in a ziplock.
Hell of a good firestarter.
Cheap af!

bfuda

FNG
My dad swears by the tascos. They work, plus if someone steals one at some point, you’re not out that much money. I believe he has been using his for years now.
Wow, at that price I might have to give these a try.

bfuda

FNG
Barely used mine at all, and the push-button switch on it, or maybe it's internal battery connection?, just up and failed. I'd used it maybe twice. Other than that? It just rode along in the pack. I like the idea and concept that it had a solar panel and had a USB port for possibly being able to charge a cellphone back up. But anything with that poor of a Quality/Reliability is a big nogo for me.
I've had several that I've used for backpacking for years and havent had any problems

Savage99

WKR
Since I've made a couple of posts on this thread about the Staoptics binocular mount sold by Amazon I feel I should also point out a drawback I noticed last night. For most guys it won't matter, but if you have a narrow interpupillary distance or big barrelled optics this mount may not work well for you. I can't get my binoculars go their narrowest setting as the barrels touch the center post. I don't have that problem with my tall Outdoorsman mount. Again, for most people it probably won't make a difference but it's worth pointing out just so others are aware.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I bought two different posts and the one I kept was really thin there. Thin enough for my narrow pupil distance. I bend my binos a lot to account for this.

Staoptics Binocular Tirpod... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099WVTP7X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR

Superdoo

WKR
Cheap Walmart version of a Nalgene bottle is literally $3.47, and better yet it already comes with the dual lid (instead of purchasing separately).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That’s a great find! I’ve lost two with the capcap and have been wondering why I need to carry a $40 water bottle!

hikenhunt

WKR

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
They also have a $35 minimum or they charge $5.99. Was going to have 2 delivered to a local store but they can forget it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Savage99

WKR
They also have a $35 minimum or they charge $5.99. Was going to have 2 delivered to a local store but they can forget it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I just bought snacks with it that we already consume… and some honey stingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have gear/clothing that you want fixed and isn’t under warranty (and you don’t have the sewing skillz of some Roksliders), this outfit does good work.

I had a couple jackets that I loved but the zippers were failing. Got a quote, mailed them in, came back good as new and under budget. Not “cheap”, but waaaay cheaper than new jackets. Plus you can pay someone in the West for honest work.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee

If you have gear/clothing that you want fixed and isn’t under warranty (and you don’t have the sewing skillz of some Roksliders), this outfit does good work.

I had a couple jackets that I loved but the zippers were failing. Got a quote, mailed them in, came back good as new and under budget. Not “cheap”, but waaaay cheaper than new jackets. Plus you can pay someone in the West for honest work.

This is gold DawnPatrol so thanks for posting.

Eddie