Cheap Stuff that Works

rdp123

Lil-Rokslider
Can't believe no one has mentioned the king of all cheap staples:

View attachment 156433

I always pack several that are wrapped in either flagging tape, gorilla tape, electrical tape, gear aid, or leuko tape.
Another option I've liked even better than the bics are clicker brand lighters, because they run on butane and are refillable. They sell them at head shops.

DTC

FNG
Second the morakniv and victorinox boning knife.

I keep the styrofoam ammo dividers from ammo boxes and hot glue them into old plastic containers/Tupperware (you can easily trim to fit) to store and take ammo to the range.

PFERN

FNG
thanks. Mine got here today. Little roomy in the waist but fits great in the shoulders. I think i'll enjoy it

I just got one of these adapters to mount my binos on the tripod.
It works great! $17.00
These work really well for my vortex binoculars

Savage99

WKR
I didn’t think the Wally World bottle would take boiling water, but I decided to prove it.
results are below….

Do the “squishy Nalgene bottles take boiling? Now I’m wondering… I noticed the Walmart bottle being slightly firmer than my nalgene that flexes (not my OG nalgene). I bought two of the Wally bottles to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superdoo

WKR
Before anyone get too up in arms over my findings, remember… you do NOT need to take a pot of boiling water and immediately pour it into a bottle.
You always have the option to wait until the water has cooled and then pour it in.

I just felt the need to head that off.

Now that I think about it, someone should test how long you need to wait. I’d do it, but my kids need shoes so that $3.50 is spent!🤣😂🤣😎

Savage99

WKR
Before anyone get too up in arms over my findings, remember… you do NOT need to take a pot of boiling water and immediately pour it into a bottle.
You always have the option to wait until the water has cooled and then pour it in.

I just felt the need to head that off.

Now that I think about it, someone should test how long you need to wait. I’d do it, but my kids need shoes so that $3.50 is spent!

Bwahahaha… maybe I needed to hear that!

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
My contribution to the cheap stuff that works. Was looking for some lights for inside my Tacoma topper. Came across these on Harbor Freight. $1.79 each. Bright as hell, lightweight,...threw one in the back for using in the tent.

I haven’t seen this yet. I bought mine for ~$75 from the classifieds a few years ago and hadn’t had the chance to try it out yet besides the backyard. Taking it to CO this September and is a fairly cheap way to try out the floorless game.

Can confirm that this little shelter rocks. Got me through a few thunderstorms easy peezy. My only issue was the night I somehow kicked my sleeping pad out from underneath me…and out the back of the tent, in a storm. A log over that spot fixed that real quick. Btw, the pad was the green klymit and that thing was also a rockstar. E501C1E2-E690-409F-91E9-929026578F01.jpeg
9096C8D3-5B5A-4589-922D-14FED785A085.jpeg8401E335-63CE-456C-97C7-3CFC11CF2F69.jpeg

ncina

WKR
Also love my Mountain Smith LT shelter!
8a92284765f835314656a82bfaa5c6cf.jpg

Skinl19

FNG
Merino sweaters at Salvation Army or Goodwill for under $10. Works great for layering. And if you accidentally wash them in hot water you aren't out a lot of money. :)

Loper

WKR
8719711d3290a69be2e379b88c369ce3.jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I just got a milkshake from Steak n’ Shake and they gave me this long spoon. I could have used this last week for the backcountry dehydrated meals.

Last edited: