Cheap Stuff that Works

VernAK

WKR
I also use old inner tubes to make elastic bands. For scope covers, I use old inner tubes from a car tire. Fold in half and cut it out like an H but keep the horizontal thick enough to cover the scope lens. When I lose them in the field, I don't worry about it since I can make more.

I've used the inner tube bands on my scopes for years but tubes are getting scarce. While doing physical therapy, I discovered Thera Band.......thin rubber band material in various hefts......took a few pieces home....tied a knot and made great scope covers.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the inner tube bands on my scopes for years but tubes are getting scarce. While doing physical therapy, I discovered Thera Band.......thin rubber band material in various hefts......took a few pieces home....tied a knot and made great scope covers.

Oh! my wife has some of those!! I wonder if she would notice a couple missing 😂🤔

Deputynrc

FNG
I learned it from my ex-girlfriend's father. He would heat an entire RMEF canvas wall tent with it. Was literally the craziest thing I ever saw. It blew my mind. I have kept an old small Folgers can filled with toilet paper and a small bottle of alcohol in my pack ever since.

Seriously, it generates an insane amount of heat...
Brilliant!!

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Just read this all on my phone, will have to reread it on the pc to open tabs, lots of tabs.

The midway version of that 1/4 zip is great, too. Elk Fork brand. And they go on sale for $20 or so around this time of the year. I have three of the 1/4 zip and one hoodie which get worn all the time.
I just saw those on sale today and was thinking of picking one up. How's the fit?

WyoKid

WKR
Any of the Ozark Trail stuff at Walmart. Basically yeti tumblers but by some people’s tests online, even better. Speaking of Walmart, they sell an ozark trail camping cup that nests with a nalgene perfectly-

I agree that the Ozark Trail brand is darn good for the price. Bought one of their Yeti like coolers for $49 and much better than the Yeti - it has cam buckles for the locks instead of rubber pulls that eventually degrade and break. Bought the backpack soft sided cooler as well that is just as good as the Yeti.
I have been using an Ozark Trail 200 Lumen flashlight for 8 years....it is bright and long lasting.

Anyone mention paramedic scissors yet? My buddy (ex marine) pulled these mini jaws of life out and cut a damn quarter right in half lol. I’m sure they could be of some use in a sticky situation.

Madison Supply - Medical Scissors, EMT and Trauma Shears, Premium Quality 7.5" - Fluoride-Coated with Non-Stick Blades 1-Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00YFG1...abc_S5GVJDSSY1W3HD873P17?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Tagging this. A good set of scissors/shears can be a great pack addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heads up boys - this is on sale right now! I’ve used this kit for years, without the heavier nesting cups when in the backcountry, and it’s legit. I got rid of the handles and also don’t carry the lid. About as perfect as it gets for me.

Ordering 2 more now!

Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set - 24oz Kettle with 2 Cups - Stainless Steel Camping Cookware with Vented Lids & Foldable + Locking Handle - Lightweight Cook Pot for Backpacking/Hiking/Camping https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005188T90/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8CRKGGD48GJ2KTY44EJ1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputynrc

FNG

Not really that cheap but I just bought one of these and it is brilliant! 1.8oz Dyneema Dry bag with a soft fleece liner sewn in to the inside. Use it as a dry bag for extra clothing going in and once at camp, turn it inside out and stuff it back up with a puffy or other clothing and BAM, awesome pillow with a dual use so it definitely works!!

solo06

FNG
Man I need that sheath, my only knock on that knife is that it doesn’t work with any sheath I have and I can’t find any good options online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the 6" version of this knife (Victorinox Curved Fibrox Boning) and ordered a Blade Tamer Knife Sheath for it, model BT6, works perfectly (sheaths also available in other sizes). No question, it's not as nice as a custom leather sheath, but it's an option.

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004U6OG3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

WyoKid

WKR
Not sure if I posted this yet, but this is a great buy, I just bought their updated model to fit my kilos because the other ones worked so well.
I
Not sure if I posted this yet, but this is a great buy, I just bought their updated model to fit my kilos because the other ones worked so well.

I like using a tripod for binos but found the Leupold tripod adapter tray more useful - with Velcro it accommodates different binos without a problem, in a pinch I can put my Kowa 553 on it and I have also used it as a rifle rest. The Leupold adapter is much more useful IMPE