Cheap Stuff that Works

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure it's been mentioned multiple times. Plus one for the Costco Eddie Bauer down jacket. Also plus one for Wrangler flex pants. Both cheap and looking forward to running them this year.

EastMT

WKR
0dc9adb4a9e408512a0e3284058787eb.jpg

I have fancy puffers but I bought one of these for tearing up so I don’t mess up my good ones, man they are pretty dang good, warm too! Mostly bright colors, camo is a little dark but better than the bright blue I guess

qrprat77

FNG
I like OP's Mora, and I love me some Moraknivs.
I own 3 Moraknivs in 3 models,
a Classic #1, red wood handle, carbon steel blade, no hand guard. This knife was $9. Wish i had 12.
a Companion, probably my most carried right now, recently used to skin out a squirrel and turkey. This one was 14, looks like Amazon has them around 16-17.
an Eldris, the knewest knife in my care, and the most expensive Mora I own. Kinda funny cuz it's the smallest! It was around $40 with the "accessory Kit" that included a retention strap, some lanyard, and a ferrocerium rod. So far I've used to to start fires.

JoeDirt

WKR
Isn't Heet toxic when burned?
Heet is just Methanol not much different than alcohol. The difference is Methanol is harmful if inhaled or ingested in its raw form.

Either toilet paper method does not produce stoichiometric combustion, neither of which i would use unless in an emergency situation.

Moserkr

WKR
Anyone have a universal digiscoping recommendation? Something cheap that works great would be nice. Using an iphone 12 and maven cs.1.

nobody

WKR

1641855252545.png

I shared about this on like page 2 of this thread, but it's just so good I want to share the link! I've used a few different tripod mounts, from 2 different vortex ones and the Swaro UTA mount. I just keep coming back to this! It's flat in the pocket of my pack, lightweight, simple to use, and doesn't require attaching anything permanently to a pair of binoculars. I can run my 10's, 15's, share with friends, and shoot off of it. It's cheap and simple, pick one up! You'll love it I'm sure!

Edit: Price above is as of 1/10/2022.

CCH

WKR
I don't have a Mora, but have gifted several. I know they've been mentioned, but this one seems pretty hard to beat. Morakniv Basic 511 for $8, of course you'd need to find some other good deals (not hard to do) to get free shipping or make shipping worthwhile.

drew23

FNG
I'll drop this here. I started carrying a AA flashlight many years ago and find it to be used daily. I've tried several more expensive ones but this is brighter than many of them, and has different output levels that save the battery.
The magnetic tailcap can be handy but I don't use it much.
EDC Small Flashlight,LUMINTOP Tool AA Flashlight with Rechargeable 14500 920mAh Battery and Magnetic Tail, IPX-8 Torch Super Bright 650LM, Waterproof Flashlight for Camping, Hiking and Dog Walking https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z3H3WZ...abc_VS4WD56Z5CVG8TGM89NF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
If you are willing to run a Lithium battery (rechargeable style) they are even better. I run EFEST purple lithium batteries from eBay. I have 2. I carry one light in my pocket and another in my truck at work. Used daily for reading meters and daily use.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

I have a family member that is diabetic. His blood sugar test strips come in a little cylindrical bottle that he has no use for after using the strips.

These FREE bottles work great for small scale organizing! It's what I use to hold my windchecker. Could also use them to hold sinkers, broadhead blades, vasoline cotton balls, etc!

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
If you are willing to run a Lithium battery (rechargeable style) they are even better. I run EFEST purple lithium batteries from eBay. I have 2. I carry one light in my pocket and another in my truck at work. Used daily for reading meters and daily use.

Link to the batteries?

I have a family member that is diabetic. His blood sugar test strips come in a little cylindrical bottle that he has no use for after using the strips.

These FREE bottles work great for small scale organizing! It's what I use to hold my windchecker. Could also use them to hold sinkers, broadhead blades, vasoline cotton balls, etc!

PM sent…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew23

FNG
Link to the batteries?
He is what I run. Seller also offers various qtys of the same battery.

Need a decent charger if you don't have one already. I recommended Xtar brand.

I have a VC2 and VC4S.

***If you are not familiar with rechargeable lithium batteries please research before jumping in. They are safe if treated with respect but, the can be dangerous if neglected or abused***

jpmulk

WKR
This is a fantastic thread. I second the wrangler outdoor pant. Can’t beat it. It’s all i wear now for most of the year until it gets cold. They’ve lasted much longer than the expensive brands.

WyoKid

WKR

View attachment 366315

I shared about this on like page 2 of this thread, but it's just so good I want to share the link! I've used a few different tripod mounts, from 2 different vortex ones and the Swaro UTA mount. I just keep coming back to this! It's flat in the pocket of my pack, lightweight, simple to use, and doesn't require attaching anything permanently to a pair of binoculars. I can run my 10's, 15's, share with friends, and shoot off of it. It's cheap and simple, pick one up! You'll love it I'm sure!

Edit: Price above is as of 1/10/2022.
Similar to what I use but a Leupold....https://www.leupold.com/binocular-tripod-adapter-tray