Cheap Stuff that Works

Agross

WKR
This is a fantastic thread. I second the wrangler outdoor pant. Can’t beat it. It’s all i wear now for most of the year until it gets cold. They’ve lasted much longer than the expensive brands.
When it gets cold just get the ones that have the fleece lining then you can wear em year around.

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
He is what I run. Seller also offers various qtys of the same battery.

Need a decent charger if you don't have one already. I recommended Xtar brand.

I have a VC2 and VC4S.

***If you are not familiar with rechargeable lithium batteries please research before jumping in. They are safe if treated with respect but, the can be dangerous if neglected or abused***

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
Looks like those have been discontinued. While shopping I saw the ones I have been using.

drew23

FNG
Looks like those have been discontinued. While shopping I saw the ones I have been using.
Those seem to be low discharge. Not sure what kinda draw my lights have but, I liked running a battery that can handle high drain.

I'm not 100% on top of the battery game but, I know these have worked for me for 2+ years.

I know IMR Chemistry can usually handled higher draw like for lights.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

rwell98

FNG
Anyone have a universal digiscoping recommendation? Something cheap that works great would be nice. Using an iphone 12 and maven cs.1.
I have this one from Amazon. Works fine on my Vortex Viper binos. But I overlooked the fact that it would not fit on viper spotting scope. But maybe that’s normal for these adapters. I’ve never had a different one to compare it to either.

I have this one from Amazon. Works fine on my Vortex Viper binos. But I overlooked the fact that it would not fit on viper spotting scope. But maybe that’s normal for these adapters. I’ve never had a different one to compare it to either.

Also didn't work on my Nikon Prostaff 20-60 spotter, but worked on my Leupold BX-4's 10x42's

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I'm a big fan of the Cold Steel Roach Belly knife for ~$13. I prefer both the blade shape and the handle design over the Morakniv offerings. I own multiples and keep one in most of my packs.

sodak

FNG
If you get a chance, stop by a Victorinox booth at a meat cutter trade show. The factory reps can be interesting to talk to.

Michael54

WKR
If you get a chance, stop by a Victorinox booth at a meat cutter trade show. The factory reps can be interesting to talk to.
The quality of victorinox blade steel has fell off significantly in the past few years. I have one i bought ten years ago that i wouldn't sell for anything. I bought one two months ago and threw it in the trash after processing one whitetail.

If you need a set of shooting sticks, look at the Vanguard Scout B62. Whenever possible, I like to shoot off my pack. But when conditions call for a steady standing shot, this is a great option. Its light, very sturdy and just $34. I've had mine just two years and wouldn't be without it.

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
This is a great thread.

Today is Jan 16, 2022 and I’m on page 8 of 49 pages, so I'm reading posts from April 2020. That's plenty of time for favorite items (/ in the first eight pages) like Wrangler Outdoor pants or their Swisschill puffy jacket to have changed or not be sold anymore.

Also, in eight pages, I've bookmarked so many items, I'm swamped! Good times.

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
This is a great DIY ultralight sleeping pad inflator for the Thermarest NeoAir type products. Keeps moisture out of the pad and keeps you from losing breath and getting lightheaded at altitude.

I just discovered this the other day. I was thinking about how lightheaded I get trying to blow these things up, googled it, and was STUNNED at how obvious and simple it could be. Tried it and it works.

Note: I didn't use the water bottle, just a garbage bag and a rubber band.

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
I've always wished there was a hunting and fishing version of play-it-again sports! There are so many good pieces of gear I've bought over the years that after 2-3 hunts I realize it doesn't quite work in my system etc. There is a goldmine of great lightly used gear sitting in peoples closets!
Isn't that a what milsurp store is? Oh, wait. That's Play it Again War.