Cheap Stuff that Works

I have a different cheap plastic "welder". Basically just a flat shoe soldering iron, but have used it extensively to fix all kinds of things, including the kids' atv fenders. Metal window screen makes a great strengthening material as well.
Yes metal screening on the backside works well. Great tip! Just fixed a cracked wheel barrow bed this morning using plastic welding and metal screening melted in .

I do like those hot staples for tight spots were it is difficult to get metal screening in. After hot staples are in the plastic, I go over one last time to plastic weld over the staples on the backside.

Interior

FNG
Does anyone have any more suggestions for a cheaper all season jacket before I spend more on a kuiu?

Superdoo

WKR
Does anyone have any more suggestions for a cheaper all season jacket before I spend more on a kuiu?

found a new favorite water bottle.... has a big enough opening to be useful, weighs nothing, and the water that comes in it is good

the 1.5L ZENWTR water bottles will replace the nalgenes this year. they have been 2 for 4$ at safeway since i noticed them, and even a water snob will make use of the water that comes in them, haha

they also fit well in any nalgene holders. i was going to upgrade to the 40 oz nalgenes this year, because 32's just aren't a good size for me... 1 isn't enough for a morning hunt when it's warm, and 2 is overkill most of the time... of course that will vary between everyone

02crewcab

FNG
Im sure this has been covered previously, but I just tried out the Cascade Mountain UltraLite carbon treking poles. $60 from amazon. They are nice and light, the locks didnt slide even with putting all my body weight on a single pole. Only annoying thing is they have a vibration/slight noise resonance when you put them onto the ground.But for the price and weight Ill keep using them.

I bought a bicycle repair clamp that I ended up using more for rifles and fly rods than bicycles. I can slip the barrel in the padded vice jaws, remove the stock and do any cleaning, scope work, boresighting, etc. I can put a trash can under it to catch patches and let solvent drip. It holds my fly rods for lining out, repairing eyelets, or anything else. It was indispensable for glass bedding my riflestocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeDirt

WKR
I bought a bicycle repair clamp that I ended up using more for rifles and fly rods than bicycles. I can slip the barrel in the padded vice jaws, remove the stock and do any cleaning, scope work, boresighting, etc. I can put a trash can under it to catch patches and let solvent drip. It holds my fly rods for lining out, repairing eyelets, or anything else. It was indispensable for glass bedding my riflestocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a great idea, would work for a bow too!

In the cart it goes :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

WoodBow

WKR
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but something very inexpensive that can greatly improve your experience in the backcountry is a $10 sleep mask. I bought one when we had a new baby and the wife would be on her phone in the middle of the night feeding. The light would wake me up so I bought a sleep mask. Not the typical shape and silky look. It looks more like large black sunglasses. Eye covers are domed so they don't touch your lids or lashes. Sleeping in a tent on a big moon night can be a real struggle. This will solve that. It took me a night or 3 to get used to it but i sleep great with it now.

Bump79

WKR
Best budget thing I've been loving for the last 3 years is the Amazfit Bip smart watch. It is no frills but is super light, cheap and the battery life is completely ridiculous. It will stay charged for 45 days and it's not a gimmick. It feels like I never charge it. I just lost it for 2 months and found it in a pack and it was still on.

Does basic functions that smart watches do like steps, reads messages, tells you if you're getting a call, GPS, compass, timers, etc. Everything I need it to.

Those stupid political signs that get left on the side of the road after an election cycle. With the two little aluminum legs that you push into the ground. I keep a couple under my tool box in the back of the truck. Tape a sheet of paper over the ad and presto chango ya got a quick target to set up.

Finch

WKR
Those stupid political signs that get left on the side of the road after an election cycle. With the two little aluminum legs that you push into the ground. I keep a couple under my tool box in the back of the truck. Tape a sheet of paper over the ad and presto chango ya got a quick target to set up.
Same but I just slap a shoot n c target on the sign.

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
Dang this thread, I've looked through it too many times! I like to wrap my guns when busting brush and instead of buying the expensive stuff I started using these years ago (link below). Obviously I take them off and on and clean up the gun, but they work great wrapping stuff up and protecting it. I totally forgot about them until I saw using electric tape to cover the muzzle a few times. I've also used these on tree stands for padding or areas that something could bang off of. Many color variations available too, dirt cheap!

Gun wrap and more 3M Vet Bandaging Tape 4in x 5yd for $2.79

Dang this thread, I've looked through it too many times! I like to wrap my guns when busting brush and instead of buying the expensive stuff I started using these years ago (link below). Obviously I take them off and on and clean up the gun, but they work great wrapping stuff up and protecting it. I totally forgot about them until I saw using electric tape to cover the muzzle a few times. I've also used these on tree stands for padding or areas that something could bang off of. Many color variations available too, dirt cheap!

Gun wrap and more 3M Vet Bandaging Tape 4in x 5yd for $2.79
They actually made a camo version of this also