Cheap trail camera

Jon Boy

WKR
Any body have a cheap trail camera go to? Looking at buying several to put in a bunch of different spots. Picture quality is at the bottom of list of priorities.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Picture quality is at the top of my list on trail cameras. Why put them out if you don't care what the pics look like? The places I have to hike into to check cams aren't worth going to if the pictures are going to suck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JohnnyB

WKR
I have gone through a lot of cameras and I have zero quality pictures from the cameras I got a great deal on. I also don’t buy super high dollar cameras either. My best purchases for both quality and longevity have been bushnell and browning between 90 and 120 dollars.
Some may have better luck with refurbished or off brand cameras, but there is nothing more frustrating to me than hiking miles in to switch out an sd card and finding No images or a completely dead unit.

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
Picture quality is at the top of my list on trail cameras. Why put them out if you don't care what the pics look like? The places I have to hike into to check cams aren't worth going to if the pictures are going to suck.

I just wanna know what's there. It's not like I'll ever frame the picture or even print it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just wanna know what's there. It's not like I'll ever frame the picture or even print it.

If the picture is blurry or over or underexposed you still won't know what's there. Besides saying, I think that's a deer...

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
If the picture is blurry or over or underexposed you still won't know what's there. Besides saying, I think that's a deer...

I guess I'll really have to spell it out. I'm looking for a trail camera that will allow me to see whats working the area for the lowest possible price. I don't need a 250 dollar trail camera with a 30 megapixel camera on it. Figured there might a number of guys that are running 6 or 7 cameras and found a solid cheap camera that gets the job done much like other budget gear that members on this forum discuss to the nth degree. But I guess i was wrong. Thanks for your time.

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
I have gone through a lot of cameras and I have zero quality pictures from the cameras I got a great deal on. I also don’t buy super high dollar cameras either. My best purchases for both quality and longevity have been bushnell and browning between 90 and 120 dollars.
Some may have better luck with refurbished or off brand cameras, but there is nothing more frustrating to me than hiking miles in to switch out an sd card and finding No images or a completely dead unit.
I'll check those out. Thanks!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had great luck with the original Browning's strike forces i have 5 or 6 still going strong. I don't leave them out all year though.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I guess I'll really have to spell it out. I'm looking for a trail camera that will allow me to see whats working the area for the lowest possible price. I don't need a 250 dollar trail camera with a 30 megapixel camera on it. Figured there might a number of guys that are running 6 or 7 cameras and found a solid cheap camera that gets the job done much like other budget gear that members on this forum discuss to the nth degree. But I guess i was wrong. Thanks for your time.

No, you said you wanted a cheap trail camera that you didn't care what the pictures looked like off of. Big difference there tough guy. There's members here who run dozens of trail cams, you don't have to spend $200 to get a decent picture from. Guess I should have broke the crayons out and spelled that out for you in the initial post. Every Tuesday Camofire runs trail cameras from anywhere from $39 on up. They all take pictures you can use and see what's in them. If you want junk trail cameras you're on your own. Buy some Tascos with the white flash on them from Walmart, they work, but if you're worried about theft they won't last long with that flash. Screw in tree mounts are the best thing to keep your cameras out of sight. Mount them high and guys will walk right past them.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Spypoint Force cams are easily found under $100, as are a bunch of Stealth Cams, Primos, Browning etc. They all use software to upscale the pictures, none of them have true high megapixel sensors in them. Not until you get into the Reconyx level cameras, but that's a whole different animal.

OP
Jon Boy

Jon Boy

WKR
No, you said you wanted a cheap trail camera that you didn't care what the pictures looked like off of. Big difference there tough guy. There's members here who run dozens of trail cams, you don't have to spend $200 to get a decent picture from. Guess I should have broke the crayons out and spelled that out for you in the initial post. Every Tuesday Camofire runs trail cameras from anywhere from $39 on up. They all take pictures you can use and see what's in them. If you want junk trail cameras you're on your own. Buy some Tascos with the white flash on them from Walmart, they work, but if you're worried about theft they won't last long with that flash. Screw in tree mounts are the best thing to keep your cameras out of sight. Mount them high and guys will walk right past them.

Your first post literally had nothing constructive to say other than you put cameras in so far in that you need top notch picture quality.
Now your third post, actually had some useful information and took a turn in the right direction. Other than some other drivel sprinkled in there Not really sure what you're so upset about, just looking for the best camera for the buck that's gunna do what I need. If you don't have a suggestion like the other two posters than move along. You didn't provide that in your first post and to be honest you do that quite often in threads. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Stealth cam and wildgame innovations make some decent cheepo cams that can be had for around $30-50 around the beginning of the year. Bushnell e3 has been my favorite so far and I've heard some great things about the brownings, they both go for around $100

600gr

FNG
I've had good luck with the Stealth cams I've bought. I found a deal at Bi-Mart. They were selling 2 packs of their black flash cams for $100. I bought 2 of them (4 cameras total) and so far they're working like I'd expect them to. I've also had their G42 for a few years and it's been flawless, but it's a little more at about $90.

Logan T

WKR
Don't go with anything spy point Jon. Stealth cams seem to work best for me. most important thing is they actually trigger in time to take actual pictures of animals when something walks in front of the cam.

600gr

FNG
I agree with Logan T regarding Spy Point. My cousin has one and it's junk. Bad picture, poor app. Stay far away.

Btaylor

WKR
The wildgame cams I have used worked ok and took decent pics but usually only get 3 seasons out of them at best and that's running them from mid July until Jan.

Moultrie and Stealth have been slightly better for me.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Owned way too many trail cams. There are lots of crappy ones. Like mentioned about spy point might be the crappiest trail cam out there for the price. I have had the best luck with stealth cams for the price and longevity.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
$28 Tasco from Walmart. Got a bunch I've ran for 3 years now. I went and pulled one I had set out in october just the other day. 6800 pictures on the card and it took a picture of me walking up to the camera. Picture and video quality will surprise you. I think I have 22 of them now and havent bought a dud yet.

Attachments

• 0A4CADC8-7E42-4DF3-9C02-BD7A6EF79EF9.jpeg
    0A4CADC8-7E42-4DF3-9C02-BD7A6EF79EF9.jpeg
    613.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 3415BA5F-7C73-42AD-B0FC-54A419D467C7.jpeg
    3415BA5F-7C73-42AD-B0FC-54A419D467C7.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 20

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
$28 Tasco from Walmart. Got a bunch I've ran for 3 years now. I went and pulled one I had set out in october just the other day. 6800 pictures on the card and it took a picture of me walking up to the camera. Picture and video quality will surprise you. I think I have 22 of them now and havent bought a dud yet.

Do you ever have trouble with water getting in? Had a few Tasco's they all died from water damage.