Cheaper 223 bolt?

coues32

WKR
Looking for a cheaper 223 bolt rifle for the truck,ruger American, savage ect. Any recommendations?

Thanks

My Savage Axis II is no frills but absolutely kills. I have an older Vortex Diamondback scope on it. No issues if the setup gets banged around as I do not have that much invested in it. It just works every single time.

It loves Barnes TTSX and shoots tiny groups. I pretty much only use it for hunting coyotes.

kickemall

WKR
Second for Ruger American Predator. Rough action until worked some, cheap stock that flexes but the four I’ve shot, including my own, were extremely accurate out of the box.

J Dubaya

FNG
Another vote for Ruger American Ranch! I love mine and with the shorter barrel I can throw my can on it and it’s still shorter then the predator..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

coues32

WKR
Thanks for all the replies, looks like a ruger will be getting ordered. 👍

robtattoo

WKR
To buck the trend somewhat.... I'm on my 2nd Axis in .223 (first one got stolen) and it's still one of my favorite rifles. I have several much higher end guns, but this little devil just keeps on doing what Savages do best.
The 1:9 twist seems to stabilize 77gn TMKs just fine out to my max range & I can't get 62gn Sierras to miss! I loaned it out last year & the stock got broken hence the Boyd's number. I also chopped it to 18"

Best $300 gun I've ever owned.

20210209_172618.jpg

OP
C

coues32

WKR
To buck the trend somewhat.... I'm on my 2nd Axis in .223 (first one got stolen) and it's still one of my favorite rifles. I have several much higher end guns, but this little devil just keeps on doing what Savages do best.
The 1:9 twist seems to stabilize 77gn TMKs just fine out to my max range & I can't get 62gn Sierras to miss! I loaned it out last year & the stock got broken hence the Boyd's number. I also chopped it to 18"

Best $300 gun I've ever owned.

View attachment 300512
Nice setup
I was leaning to the ruger because 1:8 incase I wanted to run the 77 tmk. Good to know the savage can stabilize them. Thanks

I have a Savage Axis ii and it is hands down the most accurate factory stock rifle I have ever owned.. Light easy to shoot and under $300 when I bought it. Sold the Weaver scope off from it and it now wears a Nikon 2.5-10 I had laying around..

It's killed tons of prairie dogs, crows, coyotes, bobcat and deer. When I pull the trigger I have the utmost in confidence something is dying..