Cheaper bags and pads?

dtrkyman

WKR
I have an outdoor vitals zero degree down bag, it is quite nice. I am a cold sleeper so I doubt it would be comfy at zero, but I have used it down to around 10 without issue.

Xerute

FNG
I personally think Hammock Gear makes some of the best quilts for the price, personally have a 20 degree quilt and can go down to 0 degree by adding layers. Also, if you are a side sleeper I can't recommend a 3inch insulated pad from Nemo enough. I tried a Klymit Static V insulated but my hips and knees just dug into the ground making it super uncomfortable for me.

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
I personally think Hammock Gear makes some of the best quilts for the price, personally have a 20 degree quilt and can go down to 0 degree by adding layers. Also, if you are a side sleeper I can't recommend a 3inch insulated pad from Nemo enough. I tried a Klymit Static V insulated but my hips and knees just dug into the ground making it super uncomfortable for me.
I agree, I think I paid about 250 for a 20 degree long wide economy burrow quilt from Hammock Gear. I can use it most of the year. I think it has more loft than a 0 degree outdoor vitals bag that I have...

The Klymit insulated pad is fine for warm weather but doesn't have the r value for colder temps. I use an exped downmat 7 of 8 for colder temps.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffmacdonald77