Cheaper Merino base layers

Mike 338

WKR
Every time I go to buy base layers from Black Ovis, they're always out of the more common sizes. Maybe next year.

Black Ovis from camo fire. I have a 1/4 zip long sleeve, the lighter baselayer pants and a few pair of boxers. Can’t be beat for the price.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
They were on there this week. Just make checking CamoFire part of your morning routine and it will pay off.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Also, check Sierra trading post or moosejaw and just key word search “merino”. I’ve picked up icebreaker and minus33 base layers doing that for really cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Omniwool over at sams club is damn good. Comfortable and keeps its shape well. I Combine this with a warm puffy and that’s all I need down to 25* or so

LostArra

WKR
Most merino goes on sale at some point. Sierra Trading Post has different brands often. A few years ago Cabela's was clearing out their Icebreaker/Cabela's branded merino shirts for under $20.......normally $60-$70 each. I bought four to try them. I wish I had bought a dozen. When I got them and saw how soft and comfortable they were, I tried to buy more but they were already gone. You don't have to pay a ton for quality merino, you just have to buy when it's the right price for the right merino.

^^^This
I also like Black Ovis but those Cabelas/Icebreakers are real nice. I have the same regrets about not buying more but it's difficult to trust Cabelas for quality. They are probably discontinued to make room for Bass Pro junk.

They were on there this week. Just make checking CamoFire part of your morning routine and it will pay off.
Night time routine, update is at 10 pm and I’ve missed a couple things “waiting” until I get up. I think black Ovis is down to xs and xxxl sizes, I bought to pairs of Ovis boxers about a month ago to try and wish I’d ordered more. The last couple times on all the Ovis merino is big or small...
The Ovis sight said they expected to replenish supplies earlier this month so hopefully soon

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
Black Ovis finally had their 200 weight merino top in stock in size XL. As long as I've been looking their sizes have been very limited. I ordered one to try out.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
Night time routine, update is at 10 pm and I’ve missed a couple things “waiting” until I get up. I think black Ovis is down to xs and xxxl sizes, I bought to pairs of Ovis boxers about a month ago to try and wish I’d ordered more. The last couple times on all the Ovis merino is big or small...
The Ovis sight said they expected to replenish supplies earlier this month so hopefully soon

Its midnight for me in the Midwest, I'm not dedicated enough to stay up that late!

MFS

FNG
Smartwool... campsaver often has them on clearance if you’re not picky about the color... have also seen them at Sierra online