Cheapest Way to rent a 4wd truck

Saw a pic on Instagram where Dudley apparently rented a uhaul pickup truck for his antelope hunt which got me thinking…for guys that fly in for hunts, what’s the cheapest way to get a vehicle with 4wd?

Turo is an ok option but you’re generally still looking at 75-100 a day. I’ve always had trouble (anywhere outside Alaska) guaranteeing that a rental from one of the big rental companies would be 4wd. The uhaul idea is a good one but I’d bet they’re probably not 4wd.

Any good ideas folks have found?

fatlander

WKR
Rent from the non airport location. 30 dollars in ubers beats the hell out of paying triple the price for the same truck at the airport. Knock on wood, every truck I’ve ever gotten has been 4WD. Uhaul pickups are exactly the opposite. IME.

Pro tip, if you’re going to drive the meat home; have a separate rental reserved at the airport. There is no drop fee for cars driven international airport to international airport. However, if you were to drive the rental from the non airport location home you could be looking at well over 1k in drop fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmalzy

WKR
When I priced it for an Idaho hunt uhual was best option I could find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up...I know someone who rented a Ford 150 truck 4X4 and rolled it into a ditch off-road. The insurance didn't cover off-road use, he paid thousands in repairs.

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
Did he have coverage for his personal vehicle? Did they deny it also?