Check your spare tires

Scrappy

WKR
Just a reminder, nothing like having a flat and a flat spare. Post up any other last minute stuff you can think of. Good luck everyone this fall

I take plug kits with spare glue tubes and have on board air. I can plug a tire in 3 minutes and not get dirty.

Same here. I haven’t had a spare in 5 years or more. When I went up in tire size, it wouldn’t fit in the spare location. I started carrying a good plug kit instead. No issues here

Wrench

WKR
I do suggest fresh glue. I've had to stuff a plug with power steering fluid and its not awesome.

JRMiller

WKR
I take plug kits with spare glue tubes and have on board air. I can plug a tire in 3 minutes and not get dirty.
Same here. I’ve kept a plug kit and compressor in my truck for over 15 years and have never used my spare yet

nrh6.7

WKR
Same here on the plug kit plus air compressor. Also bought a new spare when I replaced my tires last since the spare tire was over 8 years old.

If you have aftermarket wheels, it's a good idea to check the compatibility of your lug nut wrench. The wrench that came with your vehicle may have a different socket size or insufficent reach. I store the breaker bar/extension/deep-well socket that I use when rotating tires under the seat so I know I always have a compatible lug nut wrench on board.

If you have alloy wheels might be a good idea to make sure you can actually get the wheels off and they are not corroded to the hub, F150 owners..Also if you have a jump pack check to make sure its charged.

Mosby

WKR
Along with onboard air and a tire plug kit, I carry a heavy duty jack, large tire iron, jump pack, tow ropes, come along and a shovel.

A small spare us better than no spare. I have seen tires cut so bad a 12 pack of plugs aren't going to help.

I had one for a while, but the problem is when you run a different size tire in 4x4 or with a locking rear diff, you can have lots of problems. Went with air and plugs and never had an issue. I rarely go alone anyway, so in an emergency like a cut sidewall, I have buddies who can help out.

11boo

WKR
Dang, thanks for the reminder. Spare was checked, but the plug kit needs thrown in. I’m out of here first thing tomorrow!

street

WKR
Make sure your lugs aren't overly tightened or about to strip out.

Randle

WKR
I had one for a while, but the problem is when you run a different size tire in 4x4 or with a locking rear diff, you can have lots of problems. Went with air and plugs and never had an issue. I rarely go alone anyway, so in an emergency like a cut sidewall, I have buddies who can help out.
Yep we had 2 trucks together , full size blazer with 35s and a toyota with 33s .
Blazer sliced a side wall , we put the spare on went 500 yards and it went flat. had to put the Toyota 33 on the front of the blazer and move the 35 to the rear . Now we had 2 trucks with no spares ..😳we made it out but did cut our trip short