Checking How Much Available MOA On Scope With Current Zero

I have a Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40 1” tube On my Interarms Marx X .30 06. I currently have a 200 yard zero and I want to know how much up MOA I have left for bullet drop in the scope. Is the best method twisting the turret till it stops and count the clicks? Will that method be accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
FYI,

Don't just twist it until it stops. If you feel it tighten up stop there. Some scopes have more movement in the adjustments that what the company actually specs it for. I'll also echo what is said above do not count clicks. just count full numbers.

ChrisAU

WKR
Make sure you check your zero after doing it as well. You could easily wind up a revolution off if not careful, and it may not return to zero even if you do it correctly.

OP
General RE LEE
FYI,

Don't just twist it until it stops. If you feel it tighten up stop there. Some scopes have more movement in the adjustments that what the company actually specs it for. I'll also echo what is said above do not count clicks. just count full numbers.

How tight are we talking about? Tight as in a considerable amount of torque required to keep spinning or a slight increase in tension.

WCB

WKR
How tight are we talking about? Tight as in a considerable amount of torque required to keep spinning or a slight increase in tension.

Looks like you already figured it out.

As far a tension depending on scope you should notice the change and usually it is a pretty quick ramp up in torque needed. Hard to explain exactly but if it is noticeable stop.

WRO

WKR
If you plan on dialing often with any repeatability, I would plan on getting a more reliable scope.