Cherokee TP Outfitters

ETHunter

FNG
Hey all, I'm currently talking with Cherokee TP Outfitters about a possible opening for 3rd season rifle this fall. This would be gmu 80/81. It will be a semi guided hunt. Does anyone have experience with them? I had a cabin acquired in unit 4 that fell threw. Trying to figure out if I'm as well off now to motel stay and drive into public land. It will my second trip to co and my sons first. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mosby

WKR
Their mailing address is in Kansas. I don't know them but personally I would never book with an outfitter that doesn't live in the state. If you want to rent a house or cabin get on VRBO and look at places in the area.

I would find a place to stay and do your own hunt. If you work at it you'll find elk and maybe a place you and your son return to every year with out the cost of the outfitter.

OP
E

ETHunter

FNG
Their mailing address is in Kansas. I don't know them but personally I would never book with an outfitter that doesn't live in the state. If you want to rent a house or cabin get on VRBO and look at places in the area.

I would find a place to stay and do your own hunt. If you work at it you'll find elk and maybe a place you and your son return to every year with out the cost of the outfitter.
Yea the Kansas thing got my attention also. Finding a place to return to on a yearly basis is exactly what I would like to do. Thanks a lot for the input.

WRO

WKR

Greg krogh doesn't live in Nevada, yet he's one of the best there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
Greg krogh doesn't live in Nevada, yet he's one of the best there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Like I said, I don't know the guys. They could be great. I don't know Greg either. There are always exceptions to everything I guess. I normally wouldn't look at outfitters in Kansas to hunt Colorado but that's me. If somebody has a great reputation, great references and they clearly know the area then it probably doesn't matter.

Last edited:
OP
E

ETHunter

FNG
4 to 81 is quite the switch just because a cabin fell through...
Yea I realize that. I’m not dead set on a unit so long as it’s good for 3rd season and the outfitter is reputable if that’s the route I take.

Cherokee TP Outfitters has a decent success rate and they have been in that area for a long time. There's some good elk in there if you know where to look. I did a guided hunt 1st rifle a few years back and was unsuccessful, they seem have larger groups of guided hunters 2nd and 3rd rifle and are successful.
Maybe they can point you in the right direction for 3rd season if you choose them.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Generally speaking, I have a bigger problem with hunting in 80/81 during 3rd rifle...

witowsks

FNG
Cherokee TP Outfitters has a decent success rate and they have been in that area for a long time. There's some good elk in there if you know where to look. I did a guided hunt 1st rifle a few years back and was unsuccessful, they seem have larger groups of guided hunters 2nd and 3rd rifle and are successful.
Maybe they can point you in the right direction for 3rd season if you choose them.
there success rate on the website is decent because they do not update it.....