Chest holster/bino harness combo?

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone seen this or made one? I have the FHF bino harness and would like to add a holster to the back of it or more like a tight pocket. A friend of mine has a chest holster that he puts behind his but I was thinking I'd like it all in one piece.

WTFJohn

WKR
Has anyone seen this or made one? I have the FHF bino harness and would like to add a holster to the back of it or more like a tight pocket. A friend of mine has a chest holster that he puts behind his but I was thinking I'd like it all in one piece.

I modified my AGC to make it ride higher and have a pistol holster on the back. I've made a few iterations of this setup for other pistols as well. I'm a leaner guy, so this setup keeps everything higher on my chest and the end of the barrel/holster between my pecs, only thing I had to change with my other gear was swapping an oversize zipper pull for a slimmer one.

On the AGC harness, swap all but one (the opposite side of the pistol) of the autolock buckles for Kifaru K clips, the older slim metal ones are best here. Trim the shoulder straps as short as you can at the top attachment points and restitch the binding tape to seal things back up. The harness now gets put on like body armor - Right arm thru the appropriate hole while sliding it on over your head, then grab the sole autolock buckle and attach under your left arm.

For the holster, you can use .080" Kydex and rivets/screws/nutserts (all available on Amazon). Go check out youtube videos for how to make a kydex holster, but about 30-40 minutes of work you should have something that resembles what you're after. Refine it a bit, then attach it to the harness with a sheet of kydex slipped into the back pocket and screws passing thru the holster & mesh to hit the nutsert on the inner sheet.

Retention on this holster is great, I've had it setup like this for two seasons and have had 0 issues with it. Sig P365 w/ TLR6 loaded with 147gr +P hardcast lead.

08F3581B-7A64-46A7-85FA-BBD408B7CA00_1_105_c.jpegBFE80C7A-F547-4F1C-B505-95742E47B9D6_1_105_c.jpeg

WTFJohn

WKR
For some reason it looks like it wouldnt be comfy? but exactly what id like to do

I've legitimately got 100+ days of wearing this exact setup in everything from t-shirts to soft shells to puffy jackets without complaint, plus another 75+ days with a Sig P320 in a larger holster. It will depend to an extent on your build as to whether or not it'll be comfortable for you.

BCoker

FNG
Great idea, I wouldn't have thought about using a sheet of kydex In the pocket and screw posts. I'm not sure it would be comfortable with my chosen pistol because of bulk, but I think I'm going to give it a try.

BLJ

WKR
@WTFJohn . Which AGC harness do you have and will the 365 fit in the front pocket or the MAX pocket on the bottom? Thanks.

WTFJohn

WKR
@WTFJohn . Which AGC harness do you have and will the 365 fit in the front pocket or the MAX pocket on the bottom? Thanks.

Kodiak Cub Max. No, the 365 will not fit in any of those pockets. It may fit vertically in the pocket on the back of the harness, but would obstruct the opening and closing of the bino pocket and not be very accessible, and would still require a holster to be safe IMO.

BLJ

WKR
Agreed on the holster. I’m wanting to try and end up with a low profile concealed set up that’s not as obvious in public places (hiking trails...... and such). I was hoping that it would fit in one of the pockets. Maybe the next size up AGC?

Mkabrich

FNG
I turned my old army chest harness into a set up that I can attach Molle pouches of all kinds on to including a holster and bino bag. Just my 2c

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have an idea how much of the gun has to be exposed to be open carry vs. concealed? Would the pics above be ok for open carry?

Beendare

WKR
I tried it....its not for me.

Heavy and cluttered....the main problem is the pistol doesn't draw clean....the holster wants to come with it. If you run an attachment to your belt...it draws cleaner....but that was too much for me,

Rockwell

FNG
Anyone have an idea how much of the gun has to be exposed to be open carry vs. concealed? Would the pics above be ok for open carry?
Where I come from that picture would be considered open carry. Concealed is meant not to be seen plain and simple and printing on other hand is still concealed. Not legal advice and know your particular state laws where you reside or visit.

GPATTI

WKR
Outdoor Vision size medium w/SIG P365 XL and one shot with the Razco and Glock 23.

A372B4C5-B464-40C0-AD55-506AC0AF4BDE.jpeg
d7ef9680-72f5-4978-8e24-1a48f9c15901-jpeg.219994

Attachments

• D7EF9680-72F5-4978-8E24-1A48F9C15901.jpeg
    D7EF9680-72F5-4978-8E24-1A48F9C15901.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 434

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Glad you asked. I've been casually messing with this for a free years now. First pick was last year's version. My binos were attached into my load lifter straps on my pack. It was awful taking it on and off.

Not having my binos swinging around each time I took my pack on it off was a well worth it exchange for access being a little tougher to access my pistol. Mid season changed how the bottom of the binos attached so there was some flex. It bounces a little if my jog, no need to do that anyway.

Had to rebuild my RF holster so it wasn't as pretty but worked fine.

The weight of the binos led me to 4 strap (2 that cross in the back), vs 3 strap in previous versions.

The diaphragm holder needs a little work, that was something new for me.

The chassis is leather I cut, sealed, stained and stitched. I can use a different gun if I make a new kydex shell. All the strap mounts are kydex.

If I knew this is how I wanted it from the start, making a new one still wouldn't be easy but would take 1/100th of the time.

I've got a bunch of go-go-gadget type crap on my set up, I'll probably do a comprehensive diy gear breakdown at some point. Too bad I didn't see a single f**kin elk this Sept.
54c86e57cfcfb117126774d348fd8be2.jpg
8834848548343a8d7063afa16658a04e.jpg
cabb743399666d1142c113034b6b882d.jpg
f5b62bb4036373c67a2384afe1ac02d1.jpg
3d5e8e0e155165c5db33aa7b57759a13.jpg
9e99c7c1bc148c8204de986812fd7a30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I modified my AGC to make it ride higher and have a pistol holster on the back. I've made a few iterations of this setup for other pistols as well. I'm a leaner guy, so this setup keeps everything higher on my chest and the end of the barrel/holster between my pecs, only thing I had to change with my other gear was swapping an oversize zipper pull for a slimmer one.

On the AGC harness, swap all but one (the opposite side of the pistol) of the autolock buckles for Kifaru K clips, the older slim metal ones are best here. Trim the shoulder straps as short as you can at the top attachment points and restitch the binding tape to seal things back up. The harness now gets put on like body armor - Right arm thru the appropriate hole while sliding it on over your head, then grab the sole autolock buckle and attach under your left arm.

For the holster, you can use .080" Kydex and rivets/screws/nutserts (all available on Amazon). Go check out youtube videos for how to make a kydex holster, but about 30-40 minutes of work you should have something that resembles what you're after. Refine it a bit, then attach it to the harness with a sheet of kydex slipped into the back pocket and screws passing thru the holster & mesh to hit the nutsert on the inner sheet.

Retention on this holster is great, I've had it setup like this for two seasons and have had 0 issues with it. Sig P365 w/ TLR6 loaded with 147gr +P hardcast lead.

View attachment 218674View attachment 218675
Nice work! Did you use a foam press type deal for your kydex forming? I hope so.
Regrettably I tried the vacuum type. Spent just as much time on that thing than I did on the rest.
Mine is started to get pretty cluttered but love it.
Tried out . 06 bolterex (I think) once I ran out of . 8 kydex, big mistake. Apparently more durable but way harder to form

WTFJohn

WKR
Nice work! Did you use a foam press type deal for your kydex forming? I hope so.
Regrettably I tried the vacuum type. Spent just as much time on that thing than I did on the rest.
Mine is started to get pretty cluttered but love it.
Tried out . 06 bolterex (I think) once I ran out of . 8 kydex, big mistake. Apparently more durable but way harder to form

Thanks; I used a foam yoga mat, some misc foam from my shop, a few pieces of scrap wood and some quick-grip style clamps. I also use a heat gun instead of baking the Kydex so I can focus the heat a little more into the areas being worked.

OP
Colobwhntr

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_5389.JPG

Found this holster at Sportsmans and it clips to my harness perfectly!

With some experience in leather work I decided to try my hand at my own chest holster. I will combine it with a modified pouch for binoculars on the front and out of the way of pistol draw. Prepping for a horseback guided Elk hunt in autumn of 2022. I will use it on the farm and for hunting next whitetail season in practice for Colorado.

Attachments

• Genes Chest Holster.jpg
    Genes Chest Holster.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Genes Chest Holster 02.jpg
    Genes Chest Holster 02.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 50