Chest holster

Sled

WKR
i'm using the one that marsupial sells. works fine but i don't use it for hunting too often. typically i pocket carry and only bring the holster when in brown bear country.

jpndave

FNG
I have a Kenai for my 7-1/2" S&W Magna Classic 44 mag that works well for that alone. It's too big to run with my Marsupial bino harness. I tried a Hill People Gear chest harness and didn't like it - too hot/sweaty(need to sell that actually). Love the enclosed Marsupial Gear bino setup. The Kenai with a smaller handgun would probably ride under the bino harness OK but it's bad enough with bino harness under pack straps. Three sets of straps would be simply too much. I use a Kifaru Gun Bearer during rifle hunting, along with the other reasons pack attached is not ideal, so belt carry is out. I like the idea of a Razco but they don't have a dedicated version for the Marsupial (universal for it) and I have a trip this week so decided to pop one out and see how it works. Using my P365 for now. S&W 3" K frame 357 magnum in the works. Boltaron should be cooled shortly. 🤞🏼

jpndave

FNG
It doesn't seem to, lays flat on my stomach. We'll give it a try and see. Straps could be added but it will be nicer if it works without. On that Marsupial Gear pack the molle loops wrap up the back a bit and it dampens the holster if that makes sense. It doesn't hang/swing free.

manitou1

WKR
I bought the AGC one that goes on the harness waist strap. The upper portion leans out to where the barrel is pointing right into my gut. Gotta figure out a "Plan B".

jpndave

FNG
It doesn't seem to, lays flat on my stomach. We'll give it a try and see. Straps could be added but it will be nicer if it works without. On that Marsupial Gear pack the molle loops wrap up the back a bit and it dampens the holster if that makes sense. It doesn't hang/swing free.
As a follow up FWIW, I spent 3 days in the high Unitas with this and it worked very nicely. Holster did swing a little but it would have been uncomfortable if it didn't. It didn't swing free but did move with me if that makes sense. Bottom of the holster was about even with my pack belt. I would prefer the holster higher but the only way to do that would be to go behind the binos.

I use a Kenai Chest Holster under my Alaska Guide Creations bino harness. Been using it for 5-6 seasons now with zero issues. Works perfect and always have my pistol with me