Chest pack for binos and fly fishing

Sean1

FNG
Is there a pack that can do both relatively well or am I asking too much of a pack?

I would really like the capability to be able to use it as a hip pack when fishing and a chest pack for binos.

I have zero experience with these and no place to check them out except YouTube. What is your thoughts?

OP
S

Sean1

FNG
Do you know if the gen 1 does that too or just the gen 2?

G1 will work with the shoulder strap etc. in fact I have a G1 that has the shoulder strap on it I use for bird hunting.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a pack that can do both relatively well or am I asking too much of a pack?

I would really like the capability to be able to use it as a hip pack when fishing and a chest pack for binos.

I have zero experience with these and no place to check them out except YouTube. What is your thoughts?
I use the Hill People Gear kit bag for both. It’s big enough to carry a 10mm Glock plus a couple of fly boxes (1 small and 1 regular sized), plus tippet and other material OR a pistol plus binoculars. I love that chest rig.

I use the FHF pack for fishing, turkey hunting, dove hunting, and pretty much any other hunting I do. The modularity allows for you to put a bino cradle in the pack and then you can just remove it and put fly holders in it's place, then call holders, etc. I've also just started using it for general backpacking to carry a pistol and whatever else I want quick access to. I'd say it does none of the things to perfection, but it's rare to find a piece of gear so versatile.