WTB Chest Pack

LightFoot

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Since you want all ranger green, no magnets, and less than $100, you are pretty limited.

You may get lucky in the classifieds.

Otherwise, you will probably need to drop one or more of your requirements.

>>>----JAKE----->

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How big do you need? Several of the HPG kit bags are 85-95. Seems that checks everything your looking for. I have a recon kit bag and it will carry about as much as I want on my chest. They are in stock in ranger green.

Brendan

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Honestly, I've been searching for an improvement to the AGC for a long time, tried a bunch, and I'm still using my Kodiak CUB. I still think it's the best option out there, for me anyways.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks guys! I’m thinking the HPG snubby in the original pattern with three pockets is my best bet. I like the three separate compartments for organization but I don’t need all the room that the original full size has. I’ll just fill it up with junk I don’t need to carry.

If you would like dimensions on a recon bag or anything like that pm me and I'll get them to you. My recon has two compartments and can hold a fair amount of stuff, at least as much as you would want on your chest.

bsnedeker

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you would like dimensions on a recon bag or anything like that pm me and I'll get them to you. My recon has two compartments and can hold a fair amount of stuff, at least as much as you would want on your chest.

Did you put the bino holder on the front of that bag, or just put the bino's right in the reckon? That's a really interesting setup, I may have to give it a try.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Did you put the bino holder on the front of that bag, or just put the bino's right in the reckon? That's a really interesting setup, I may have to give it a try.

I have the HPG bino pouch attached to the webbing on the recon bag. It's not as nice of a pouch as my Outdoor Vision, but it for a different purpose. Hard to compare the two in my opinion. One is a dedicated bino harness, the other is several things in one.

bsnedeker

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the HPG bino pouch attached to the webbing on the recon bag. It's not as nice of a pouch as my Outdoor Vision, but it for a different purpose. Hard to compare the two in my opinion. One is a dedicated bino harness, the other is several things in one.

Thanks! I like the idea of carrying a small pistol inside the reckon bag with my bino's on the outside in the pouch. It wouldn't be as fast as my drop-leg holster but I think I can deal with that. I was about to buy a second AGC harness for my 12x50's but I might try this out instead.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Does that make the setup kinda floppy, or is it still pretty secure? That’s one thing I’m trying to avoid with what I’m after is too much junk protruding out front to interfere with movement and shooting/casting.

I wouldn't call it floppy. The bino pouch is very secure. It's just putting weight further out depending on how thick you have the kit bag stuffed. The closure on the bino pouch isn't perfect. It's just an elastic loop over a button. I should probably tighten the elastic a little. My binos also don't completely fill the pouch, so they fit a little loose. No retention strap for the binos either. That's one thing on the OV harness I really like, I could improvise something tho.

Maybe I should do a quick review with pictures in the gear thread.

bsnedeker

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the reckon bag with the large bino pouch. I ordered it in Monday got it today!

Initial impression, this thing is sick! I put my xds in the main bag and some other crap from my agc harness into the front compartment. I had the bino pouch offset to my right side at first but it was interfering with my draw so I moved it to the extreme left and I'd say it's perfect. If anything I think it's actually more streamlined than the agc rig and this is with a pistol! Im really glad I read this thread!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just got the reckon bag with the large bino pouch. I ordered it in Monday got it today!

Initial impression, this thing is sick! I put my xds in the main bag and some other crap from my agc harness into the front compartment. I had the bino pouch offset to my right side at first but it was interfering with my draw so I moved it to the extreme left and I'd say it's perfect. If anything I think it's actually more streamlined than the agc rig and this is with a pistol! Im really glad I read this thread!

This sounds like the kind of setup I've been looking for. Can you post some pictures of it?

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like the kind of setup I've been looking for. Can you post some pictures of it?

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
Here's a few I just snapped in the basement.
fd74394fa83224807226ba57ce7cf7ef.jpg
3bcf74b5a3c6a4336f80ec9e914682e0.jpg
073b7cce3eeaf8797cb93384a6d33c22.jpg

bsnedeker

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and that is the large bino pouch if that isn't obvious! Fits my 12x50s with room to spare.