chest pack?

*zap*

WKR
I need recommendations for a good chest pack that can be worn alone or with a backpack. Medium size, non camo, more than one pocket. Would like to be able to fit a full sized pistol with light......

Maybe someone has one they want to sell?

Thanks.

nobody

WKR
There's one built by muley freak that has a built in holster. I don't know much about it, but it's the first one that comes to mind with a holster.

My favorite chest pack is an Alaskan Guide Creations KISS. It has a couple small pouches to hold some diaphragms and my phone and some other things. I've tried lots of different ones, but this is by far my favorite.

Look at hill people gear. Lots of fans Here.

I use a very light molle rack (Blue force gear rack minus) and add pouches for my binos, range finder, general purpose and can add a pistol holster as needed.

I also really enjoy the Hill People Gear. I use it to carry a pistol and my phone when I run. When I'm hunting I add the bino pouch and a range finder pouch from Marsupial Gear to the molle webbing. It's a little bulky, but very versatile option. It also allows me to keep my pistol on my person when I drop my pack for a stalk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If your just hiking the Hill People Gear chest rigs work great. Found them uncomfortable when canoeing or running personally.

I'm partial to Marsupial Gear and their little Joey pack would fit the bill nicely. I've specifically asked the owner about a full-sized pistol with a light and he sent me a picture as proof. Jim is a great guy and I enjoy doing business with him.

Voyageur

WKR
HPG kit bag. I've had mine for 10 years or so and it has become invaluable to me. Handgun, fishing gear, trees stand gear, personal items, etc. The longer I use it the more uses I discover for it. Highly recommend it. Hope this helps.

Rokwiia

WKR
I've had a PHG Original Kit Bag for years. Best piece of equipment I've ever owned. One of the best features is you can use straps to dock the chest pack to your backpack shoulder straps. It makes the chest pack feel nearly weightless!!

I've known people who bought knockoffs but the ones I've seen pale in comparison. They don't have the dedicated back compartment where you can carry. With knockoffs, you'd have to put it in the compartment with all sorts of other gear. I'd be concerned the trigger could catch on something.

HPG all the way.

Cole

Lil-Rokslider
Hill People Gear and Marsupial make good chest packs.

I have the HPG runners kit bag and it seems to work well......I keep a G26 in it but think a full size would actually ride better.

Rokwiia

WKR
One thing I wish HPG would do is offer a sleightly-larger chest pack. I have the Original Kit Bag which is the largest one they have.

I can put my Ruger Toklat in there if I sqeeeeeeze it in. Another inch width would be fantastic. I'm in a concealed-carry-only state only so the Diamond D holster isn't an option.

I looked at some knockoffs, such as the Emerson bag, but couldn't find one of them that has a dedicated compartment for a handgun. They revolver would go into the only compartment which has pouches and other things hanging all over the place. I would not feel safe having to quickly draw the gun from the knockoffs.

Badseed

WKR
Ive been eyeing a dual purpose chest rig also. I have a gunfighter chest rig now and it serves its function great but it gets bulky behind my bino pack. When I was looking I came across the nosegunner from ebrlestock which appeared functional. What are peoples thoughts on that option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk