Chest rig is done

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Been tweaking this for a while and for now at least, it's done.

Made a hybrid gun holster with enough extra leather to add a few things and have options.

-Gun can be swapped with different shell

-strap can go over left it right shoulder, or both if I add one or change attachment points

-wind checker held on by magnet with leash can be removed

-rangefinder holster has enough wiggle room /shock cord for other models and can be removed. Also has quick release for practice or want to get my other rf fixed

-bendable diaphragm holder can be put anywhere

This is worn underneath my pack so if I'm eating, taking a dump, on a stalk, ect. This always stays on and has the essentials.

I don't use binos, maybe that's next. All you tinkerers know a project is never truly finished.
f580574c7e6cbf783f2ce6ed5ee9e6b2.jpg
4991c09238f746b28a857e0b42dc906f.jpg
6e3846c089fbc5dee48b89d5aa23cf91.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
Very cool! Love stuff like that that keeps things easy to reach, secure and organized. Yup: never done, that's half the fun.

FlyGuy

WKR
I like that RF holster. I feel like mine is too hard to pull out of its case. I want it to slide out effortlessly with one hand, but it seems there is too much friction and the movement isn’t smooth like I want it to be. Your leather holster may be the ticket!

You can’t cheat the mountain

OP
N

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Made it all except for the diaphragm holder (lost it 2nd day of season). Stained the leather and all, straps were already straps, didn't sew anything.
Just got back from 3 days in the field and it held up. Thought it'd need to make some adjustments but it's damn near exactly how I want.

TX_Diver

WKR
Nice!! Outta curiousity why only run it over one shoulder instead of 2? Just seems like the weight would be distributed better over 2?

Awesome project and great job regardless though!

OP
N

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Nice!! Outta curiousity why only run it over one shoulder instead of 2? Just seems like the weight would be distributed better over 2?

Awesome project and great job regardless though!
It's set up to go with 4 straps if 3 wasn't working out. I thought the same thing with the weight of a loaded gun.
It wasn't noticable enough to change during opening week.

OP
N

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
How much money do you have wrapped up in that?
Kydex $12
Leather $5
Leather tools, die, sealant $20
Hardware (multiple trips) $15
Everything else I had laying around (straps, buckles, shock cord, eyelets ect.

With all the trial and error, especially trying to build a kydex vacuum box, if my time is worth $1/hr the grand total would be $450,000 or so.

If someone had no materials, bought sealed leather as is, and had it all mapped out, i bet you could do it I n $50-$60

OP
N

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Dang that's not bad at all! Looks professionally done, nice work!
Tons of trial and error/ tweaking. Thank you. Any positive comments are shown to my wife since she saw how long i worked on it haha