Chest rig is done

afalcone

FNG
Been tweaking this for a while and for now at least, it's done.

Made a hybrid gun holster with enough extra leather to add a few things and have options.

-Gun can be swapped with different shell

-strap can go over left it right shoulder, or both if I add one or change attachment points

-wind checker held on by magnet with leash can be removed

-rangefinder holster has enough wiggle room /shock cord for other models and can be removed. Also has quick release for practice or want to get my other rf fixed

-bendable diaphragm holder can be put anywhere

This is worn underneath my pack so if I'm eating, taking a dump, on a stalk, ect. This always stays on and has the essentials.

I don't use binos, maybe that's next. All you tinkerers know a project is never truly finished.
f580574c7e6cbf783f2ce6ed5ee9e6b2.jpg
4991c09238f746b28a857e0b42dc906f.jpg
6e3846c089fbc5dee48b89d5aa23cf91.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Awesome set up! Love it.

BigWoods

WKR
Really nice work! That looks like a finished marketable product. Was that your first go with Kydex?

I made a similar one a few years back for my G40 (That I've since parted with). Since I have zero sewing skills I burned and riveted the straps together. It still works just fine for my G34 so I've held on to it.
IMG_20160812_203156499.jpg
IMG_20191024_114050.jpg
Kydex is a lot of fun to work with once you get the hang of it. When I lived in a bigger city I made and sold holsters for a bit which provided a nice ammo fund.

OP
N

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Really nice work! That looks like a finished marketable product. Was that your first go with Kydex?

I made a similar one a few years back for my G40 (That I've since parted with). Since I have zero sewing skills I burned and riveted the straps together. It still works just fine for my G34 so I've held on to it.
View attachment 128879
View attachment 128880
Kydex is a lot of fun to work with once you get the hang of it. When I lived in a bigger city I made and sold holsters for a bit which provided a nice ammo fund.
I wouldn't say first go. I reheated a pair of pieces a few times as practice since there was only enough for 1 shot a fde.
It's definitely fun. I was looking around the house trying to find things that need a holster for a while

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bbell12

WKR
Am curious where you got your straps and buckles from? Especially the material you used to attached the buckle to your holster, was that manufactured or did you make it? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read1t48

WKR
Great set up with all the essentials. If you always wear a pack, you might consider just putting your binoculars in a hip belt pouch.

You tell your wife that most men can’t sew, don’t have the guts to try, or think its a girl thing. You were proving to her that she married a well rounded guy, a DaVinci, and that busy hands are happy hands!

Great job! Looks very well built to last for many years of use in the field.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

pab

FNG
Sweet chest rig, everything you need in one spot. Nicely done

Nitrous24

FNG
I really like this. Make me want to try and do one with binos instead of a pistol.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk