Chest rig

I wear an FHF bino chest rig and I’m looking to also carry a side arm on my trips, is there a chest rig that’s not going to get in the way? I’d rather not carry on my hip belt because I won’t always be wearing my pack. What about the kenai chest holster? Anyone run that with a bino harness? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I use the kenai with a Marsupial rig. I definitely practice moving the marsupial up and to the left with my left hand as I deploy my pistol with my right. I wear the Marsupial as high as I can.

Dennis

WKR
I have used the Diamond D Custom leather "Guides Choice" chest holster for years. I put it on first thing in the morning and and take it off last thing at night. It seems to work well with my Kuiu binocular rig and the gun sits off to the side, with the grip riding just off the bottom corner of the binocular case. It's always accessible and I can get to it with either hand if necessary. I have tried holsters behind my binocular case, under the binocular case etc., but seem to like this setup best day in and day out. Good luck!

I have heard good things about Kenai holsters, but have never worn one.

Attachments

• DSC04017 (2).JPG
    DSC04017 (2).JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 147
I like the cloth holsters more than the Kydex / Razco, just seem quieter and more comfortable. AGC makes one, Marsupial makes one. I make my own.

I either use a Diamond D Guides Choice or a Kenai chest holster with my AGC bino harness, or with smaller binos, I put everything into a Hill People Gear kit bag, including the pistol.

I use the Kenai under the FHF chest rig and have really liked it.

My FHF setup included a range finder pouch, my inReach in a second pouch, and a bear spray holster. I was intentional about positioning the Kenai a little low, but had easy/unrestricted access and could access my pistol with a single hand and without holding or moving the chest rig with the off hand. Have worn it comfortably for many days without issue. A buddy has done a similar setup under his AGC bino harness with the same results.

It looks like a lot to be carrying up front but I really like having it all on my chest vs on my pack or belt.

I love my razco - I run it with an AGC. You can actually use it with the bino packs shoulder straps as a standalone chest holster.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I modified a Diamond D chest holster to hang under my FHF. Razco makes holsters that work the same way, I just already had the Diamond D, so it was cheaper for me to modify it.

crich

WKR
Something else to think about..... I carry on my pack belt in a vedder paddle holster. Easy to pull it off and stick it on my right hip when my pack is off. Bear spray is horizontal under my harness with the business end pointing forward. Worse case scenario and somethings on top of me I just need to reach to my chest and squeeze the spray to fog the hell out of myself and a bear (if all goes as planned 😉)

OP
rooster440
Something else to think about..... I carry on my pack belt in a vedder paddle holster. Easy to pull it off and stick it on my right hip when my pack is off. Bear spray is horizontal under my harness with the business end pointing forward. Worse case scenario and somethings on top of me I just need to reach to my chest and squeeze the spray to fog the hell out of myself and a bear (if all goes as planned )

I hadn’t thought about the paddle holster. I’ll check into that as well.

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Tag. I was struggling with a Kuiu bino harness and a Kenai chest rig for a pistol. May go back to the drawing board on one or the other, or both.

sfotiades

FNG
Look at County 6 Predator. I have it and love it. Can fit up to 12x56 and a full size 1911 behind it with no issue.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Not a chest rig but I just ordered an Avery Messenger Bag. Looks just right for Binos. Glock
or my 442 and other stuff. It's a single shoulder strap designed for duck hunters.
Will probably get duty for Surf fishing, Wading Creeks, Predators, Whitetails, and of course, Ducks.
I get panicky with a Chest Rig and a backpack. Just too much going on in one spot.
Feel like Houdini trying to get out of all that stuff.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
Little late to this party, but I have two GunfighterINC Kenai Chest Rigs; one for my 10mm S&W 610 revolver and one for my 1911 .45 ACP. I wear them just below my Horn Hunter Bino harness, so the draw is right at my waist level in the front. I adjusted them using a heat gun per the manufacturer's instruction and they are perfect. I'm a LH draw, so when I sling my rifle over my right shoulder, the draw is not in the way at all.

Get a good one with a good fit. Sounds corny but your life may depend on it. When I first got mine, the guns fit like a condom in them. Perfect form, but very tight. It was nearly impossible to draw the weapons out with one hand. By loosening them up at the trigger with a heat gun, they are now a perfect pull, yet will hold the weapons in place even upside down and shaking the rig.