Chicago O'Hare Parking

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Live north of Milwaukee a bit so mostly fly our of there, but could get a straight shot ticket from Chicago to Anchorage and decided to go that route. Just dawned on me that I've got to take my crew cab F-250 to O'Hare and have to park it somewhere. Does anyone have any advise on parking? Think my biggest concern is trying to find somewhere I can squeeze my truck into. Thanks.

If you're parking at O'Hare, you want the remote lot. Way cheaper, also there is a tram that goes strait to the airport, from the that lot.

But here's the suggestion I make -
For almost the same money, you can get a hotel room the night before, with free parking up to 10 days, more if you ask. This works really well for an early morning departure.

The program is called - Park, Sleep Fly.

Have done both, and both work. Remote parking is outside, so you don't have to worry about wedging a giant truck in a small parking garage.

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
But here's the suggestion I make -
For almost the same money, you can get a hotel room the night before, with free parking up to 10 days, more if you ask. This works really well for an early morning departure.

The program is called - Park, Sleep Fly.
Now that you mentioned this I think my Mrs has done this in the past. But would definitely have to set up longer parking, think it's a total of 18 days that I'll be gone... if the weather is good on travel days.

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Might be worth checking the cost of a rental.
Just tried looking for the dates I'd need it and from what I could tell there anywhere convenient for pick up. But will keep looking.

Kinda wish I wasn't such an A-hole now and had more friends in the Chicago area :D

WCB

WKR
If I had to pay for airport parking for 18 days I'd just have my wife drop me off and pick me up.

Reactions: AZ8

dtrkyman

WKR
O'hare parking is pricey! Remote or not. The hotel rental sounds like a good idea but I would be surprised it is available?

ErikM

FNG
Fuel, parking fees and the headache of leaving your truck outside in a public lot for 3 weeks……Uber it brother!

How worth it is the direct flight? Hours of driving, fuel, paying 18 days for parking, headaches, possible hotel. Seems like it would make more sense to get dropped off in Milwaukee and take a short flight to MPS or Chicago and connect direct from one of them places.

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Last time I flew out of O’Hare was a 3 years ago so things may have changed, but I did not have any problem finding a place to park my truck.