Chili Makin’ - Beans or No?

Magnus777

FNG
Negative on the beans, unless you're light on the meat. And if knew you were making chili, and didn't set out enough meat...maybe you should be making quiche... 😅

Jon C

FNG
Beans unless I’m making coney sauce. One of the best chili’s I’ve ever had the guy added portabella mushrooms, side pork,venison steak and habanero’s with beans.

Studd muffin

Lil-Rokslider
No beans. That is just filler. I cube up a deer roast, and may use some ground meat. If you think you need beans, you probably just need more meat.

Beendare

WKR
This thread is worthless without recipes...just sayin.
Who knew there was a Chili Appreciation society? Not me until now...I forget who but thanks for that

Heres a link to their winning recipe page...in both the sweet and savory categories
Winning Chili

I've been looking for a good chili recipe for Boar and moose....I need to try these.

For those using beans...do you soak them or par boil first?

>

Who knew there was a Chili Appreciation society? Not me until now...I forget who but thanks for that

Heres a link to their winning recipe page...in both the sweet and savory categories
Winning Chili

I've been looking for a good chili recipe for Boar and moose....I need to try these.

For those using beans...do you soak them or par boil first?

>
Soak and rinse. Gets rid of some of soluble fiber and subsequent gas.