Chili Recipes

cBurton5

FNG
Need some chili recipes that are good for beef or wild game. So let’s see those award winning recipes.

TNClark

FNG
Copied and I tweak a little depending on the crowd, but I've made a lot of chili and never found a better recipe that didn't require a ton more work..

DK Chili
This one is from years of trial and error at attempting to win local Chili cook-offs, I have won 3 times and placed in the last 5 I've entered. I used to use fresh ingredients and prepare everything by hand, now I have refined it and with some advice from real "Chili Society" contestants, it can all be done with powder and cans, and it's quick and easy ( I'm much older and lazier now), except for the meat.

- 5 lbs of chili ground beef or venison, haven't tried duck/goose yet.
- 1 lb "Hot" breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean kinda stuff)
Brown meat and drain fat.

- 2 16 oz cans of Tomato Sauce
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 1 can "hot" rotel
- 1 can diced Tomatoes ( add more if you like)
- 6 oz chili powder (Red Meskin, Anaheim, or your favorite)
- 2 Tbls garlic powder
- 1 oz salt
- 1/2 Tbls black pepper
- 1 oz cumin
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper ( a little more if you want it hot)
- 2 Tbls onion powder
- 1 Tbls Sriracha chili sauce ( add more if your adventurous)
- 1/3 cup of ketchup (don't laugh)

Mix all ingredients in a large crockpot or stockpot, add browned meat and simmer for about 2 hrs, stirring occasionally.

OP
cBurton5

cBurton5

FNG
Tried the Meateater recipe last night with left over brisket and whitetail. It was pretty darn tasty.

Clarktar

WKR
My favorite.. takes a little work but man is it a Good'en....
5a9d2ed1d921f3bf9f2cd41013130bcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The insta Pot recipe does rock! Made it today with ground elk and sirloin.
Amazing!!
Thanks Hookup!
Mark

Google BBQ Pit Boys Venison Chili. It's my go to and the best I've ever had.. Really turns more into a chili stew, but damn good.

I've had a hard time finding a really great chili recipe. There's lots out there, and everyone says theirs is the best, but I find most to be average.

I'll give some of these a try though. I'm not giving up on my search for the ultimate chili recipe.

crich

WKR
I've had a hard time finding a really great chili recipe. There's lots out there, and everyone says theirs is the best, but I find most to be average.

I'll give some of these a try though. I'm not giving up on my search for the ultimate chili recipe.
Cant say I disagree with you. Most chili recipes are good but Ive only had a few that had me going back for multiple bowls.

If anyone else has their ex wifes great grandmas secret recipe and want to get back at her by posting it online go ahead and let it rip.

Conrad's chili

Brown 3 or 4 packs of elk burger with some oil. I typically use olive oil. After browning add meat and all the oil to crock pot.

Add following:
1 can of beer
1 regular can of corn
1 medium can of of ranch style beans (26 ounces?)
2 big cans of medium rotel
(28 ounces each ?)
I do not drain any juice off cans. Just dump it all in.

I usually put 1 small can of extra hot habanero rotel in too but that's optional.

Add spices:
3 or 4 tablespoons of chili powder
Couple tablespoons each of black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and cinnamon (for sure)
Pinch of salt.

Stir it all up.

Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. But it can go all day too. You really can't overcook it as long as it's just simmering

If you have room you can add one more big can of ranch style beans or more rotel.

I chop up one big white onion and two bell peppers. Maybe1/2 inch pieces. One hour before serving, I dump in all the peppers and 3/4 of the onions. That way they are still fairly crisp. Add a couple good dashes (6-8) of tobacco.

Serve it. I dress the bowl up with the remaining onion and cold chow chow.

If you are uber decadent you can add Fritos and grated cheese which is just awesome.

360A6388-8A71-49CC-AE37-F2B8F47C8DFE.jpeg9FE8E793-CF18-4686-B9BD-E0F177F762C5.jpeg

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Copied and I tweak a little depending on the crowd, but I've made a lot of chili and never found a better recipe that didn't require a ton more work..

DK Chili
This one is from years of trial and error at attempting to win local Chili cook-offs, I have won 3 times and placed in the last 5 I've entered. I used to use fresh ingredients and prepare everything by hand, now I have refined it and with some advice from real "Chili Society" contestants, it can all be done with powder and cans, and it's quick and easy ( I'm much older and lazier now), except for the meat.

- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 1 can "hot" rotel
- 2 Tbls garlic powder
- 1 oz salt
- 1/2 Tbls black pepper
- 1 oz cumin
- 2 Tbls onion powder

Mix all ingredients in a large crockpot or stockpot, add browned meat and simmer for about 2 hrs, stirring occasionally.

DK Chili

- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 1 can "hot" rotel
- 2 Tbls garlic powder
- 1 oz salt
- 1/2 Tbls black pepper
- 1 oz cumin
- 2 Tbls onion powder

Is 6 oz. of chili powder correct? Yikes.

This recipe is my go to. Not mine, but it wins a lot of contests here in Texas. The key is adding the chili powders is different cooking stages. Don't just throw it in and cook. Also, using a Hatch green chile instead of serranos takes it up a notch.

Ingredients for Chili:

Ground chuck/beef/venison

Onion, white

Dark chili powder (from Mexican market if possible)

Garlic, fresh

Tomato sauce (8 oz)

Beef broth (14.5 oz can)

Chicken bouillon granules

Onion powder

Garlic powder

Cayenne pepper

Sazon seasoning

Medium chili powder

Step 1

2 lbs - beef chuck tender cut into 3/8" cubes, or use ground if you prefer

1 tsp - cooking oil

1 tbsp - dark chili powder

2 tsp - granulated garlic

In a three quart heavy saucepan, add the above ingredients while browning the meat.

Step 2

1 - 8 oz can of tomato sauce

1 - 14-1/2 oz can of beef broth

1 tsp - chicken bouillon granules

1 tsp - jalapeno powder

1 tbsp - onion powder

2 tsp - garlic powder

1/2 tsp - red pepper

1 tsp - white pepper

16 oz - spring water

1 tbsp - dark chili powder

2 - serrano peppers

1/2 tsp - salt

Combine seasonings and add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Float 2 serrano peppers (alternative use Hatch green chiles).

Step 3

1 tbsp - paprika

1 pkg - Sazon seasoning (msg)

1 tsp - onion powder

1 tsp - garlic powder

1/2 tsp - white pepper

5 tbsp - medium and dark chili powders

Combine seasonings and add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. You may add water or beef broth for consistency. Remove serrano peppers when they become soft.

Step 4

2 tsp - cumin

1/8 tsp - salt

Turn off heat. Add cumin and salt.

940dca56604258202e0437a466d936cd.jpg
ca9b43febbde6912878f3aedf2088791.jpg