Chilkoot vs Kodiak

Has anybody tried these two bags in a head to head comparison? I’m looking specifically at the 0 degree Chilkoot vs the WM Kodiak in the long version. So weight, size and temp ratings are almost identical. So I’m just looking at warmth and comfort. I’m a super cold sleeper and trying to find the “best” bag as possible for sub 3 pounds.

What say ye?

And there better not be crickets...it’s not like we’ve got that much other to do.

Magnum61

Lil-Rokslider
I know these are both 66” in chest girth and I'm 61” around the shoulders with a 38” waste. Trying to figure out if either of these will fit me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDhunter1

FNG
I used the 5 degree bag by WM last year on an elk hunt around 10,500 in mid-October. It got down to 10-15 degrees and I was warm. WM bags are awesome for warmth. I wish they made them just a little wider in the hip area for us "well fed" guys.

treillw

WKR
I have no experience with the SG sleeping bags. My wife and I have their packs and they are excellent though. I would imagine they make a quality bag.

We both have WM sleeping bags and they are incredible. Warmest thing I have ever slept in. It was approaching zero at the start of rifle season here. Wife and I camped. I had two bags - WM Versalite and Wiggys 0 degree bag. First night she had the Wiggys bag and was cold - I thought it was warmer. I was toasty in the Versalite. Second night I gave her the Versalite and thought she was being a pansy. She slept in a lot of clothes and said that she was so hot that she was sweating. I froze in the Wiggy's bag.

It didn't take me long to buy another WM bag. Went with an antelope.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have not tested the Kodiak, but I have been running the Chilkoot for the last two seasons! The Chilkoot is by far the best bag that I have tested. I have taken it on some frigid cold late season Colorado and Montana hunts and have always stayed extremely comfortable!