Chill R vs VXR 31.5?

stonewall

WKR
Does anyone have experience with both? I’ve been happy with my chill r and I don’t know that I can justify replacing it, but the vxr has really caught my eye. I have not been to shop to try one due to Covid...plan to sometime in the future.

please share your thoughts

Ucsdryder

WKR
This late in the year I would wait for the new models. Especially if you’re happy with your current bow. Maybe something cool comes out. Or maybe you get a discount on the vxr. Win win.

Or they don't come out with anything else. As long as Mathews was shut down and how they were playing catch-up I look for them to bring about some new colors, or some very simple changes to the vxr for 2021. But what do I know, don't really care. Unless they do tiger stripe camo, so I can color coordinate.

Hoyt delayed their release.

PMcGee

WKR
I went from a halon to the vxr. Was it worth the $ to change? I’m not sure but it was a birthday present to myself. It’s definitely quieter then my halon but speed wise is pretty much the same. The draw cycle is a little different. I have 85% mods on now I shot the 70% mods on the halon. I have some 75lb 80% mods ordered. I was real close to buying a prime black 3 but went with the vxr 31.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Read1t48

WKR
If your Chill R was the earlier model that doesn't have the top tats, then the new bow will certainly be much better to tune, etc.
I like my Chill R, but I have no top hats so tuning - and keeping in tune - is not fun. I purchased the bow online so Mathews wouldn't honor the warranty.

OP
stonewall

stonewall

WKR
Thanks for the input y’all. I bought my chill before the top hat limbs, but they cracked and we’re warrantied with top hats. So all good there. Have shot it with 80% monster mods. And 85 and 75 rock mods. Used the 85 long time. And just moved to 75. Getting used to it but I like it. Havent shot through chrono yet but can tell it’s faster. Idk if I shoot any better tho which was the point (plus co regs)

the vxr will be a next year thing. Sure Can’t wait to try it. It’s real tempting when I see one on classifieds. Truthfully my wife needs a new bow more than I do so we will just have to see how the $ looks next year