Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used choice ammo?
Looking for a 300 wsm ammo for elk.
They have several choices

please do share

kris

MidwestElkHutner

Lil-Rokslider
I have used Choice and still get several boxes of 6.5 Creedmore rounds from them loaded with the 140 grain Berger VLD. I would describe them as top quality match grade ammo. A step up from factory match grade. The rounds that I have gotten have been very consistent to their published muzzle velocity with respectable SD and ES on velocity; however, even though they are hand-loaded they are a not the same as a round that has been worked up for your own specific rifle. I have successfully shot my 6.5 creedmore choice ammo out to 1000 yards. The advantage of choice is that you can get several bullet types (usually on the heavier side) that are not offered in typical factory ammo. I have also found that the quality control and consistency is a little better then the factory match grade offerings.

If you are not interested or not setup to hand-load, and still want to develop a round specific to your rifle, check out copper creek cartridge company. They offer a load development pack. Pack 1 will determine the powder charge. Then Pack 2 will determine seating depth. Once that is complete, they will load your custom round for you. I believe after you buy something like 100 rounds they will provide you with the exact recipe. I did this with my 28 Nosler and am extremely happy. It isn't inexpensive, but I figure I could buy a lot of rounds at a premium for the money that I would spend on getting setup to reload and the amount of time spent on the learning curve.

OP
D

Dr. Rx

Lil-Rokslider
That is wonderful information.
I’m a novice at best at this.
will look into copper creek

kris

OP
D

Dr. Rx

Lil-Rokslider