Choosing a Do Everything Pack

I am also currently in the market for a new do everything pack, and have been looking at the following;

Mystery Ranch Crew Cab
Eberlestock Blue Widow
Eberlestock Warhammer
Blacks Creek Alaskan (discontinued, always checking classifieds on hunting sites for a used one)
Horn Hunter Full Curl System

From reading pyroducks' thread below, it sounds like the MR CC is going to be to short for me in the torso (I'm 19"). Another one of my concerns is pockets for organizing misc. gear (cell phone, batteries, flashlights, licenses, snacks, etc.) as shown in the circled area in below pic, I'm kinda OCD, and I like my stuff to be organized. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Horn Hunter Full Curl System. I've really liked everything I've read and heard about this pack (made in USA!), and I'm waiting to hear back from SOP on torso length. I figured I'd see if anyone on this site had any experience with this pack and any comments on any of them.

Thanks, Scott

BlacksCreek.jpg

The horn hunter can fit a variety of torso lengths. Its a great pack. If price isn't an option look into Kifaru packs, and even give tenzing packs a look over as well. I used the horn hunter last year and can't complain, only downfall to that pack is that it is heavy. It will carry a load and help you be organized though. Swapped over to Kifaru this year and with the modularity and lightweight of these packs I'm done swapping packs for a long time, unless they can improve the timberline anytime soon!

hunting1

WKR
Of your choices I have to say the Horn Hunter Full Curl. I have a new with tags Warhammer I will sell you for $265 shipped. It is in earth color. I have the zip in camo pod I might let go as well. PM me for more info.

OP
couesbitten
Thanks for the feedback guys, and hunting1, thanks for the offer on the Warhammer. Based on the feedback I've gotten her and from other sites, I think the Horn Hunter is going to be my next pack.

cmeier117

WKR
Thanks for the feedback guys, and hunting1, thanks for the offer on the Warhammer. Based on the feedback I've gotten her and from other sites, I think the Horn Hunter is going to be my next pack.

What is your price range? I just got a Timberline 2 in the mail yesterday. My vote is for one of those.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I am not a fan of the blue widow. I used the blue widow for two seasons and it dug into my lower back bad with a heavy load. I would look hard at the Kifaru or Mystery Ranch line.

Ryan

akrdkill

WKR
love my kifaru Siwash...especially the wrap around zipper panel lets you get to either side or top load too....they're alot of money compared to the others but once you get a kifaru & you look at the others you'll wonder what took you so long. I think it's really finding a pack that fits you more than anything. some guys like mystery ranch over kifaru & vice versa. I'll be upgrading to a kifaru timberline sometime.

OP
couesbitten
Isn't the Tenzing adjustment system just like the Blacks Creek? I've already ruled out the Crew Cab based on torso length, now I realize that MR makes other packs, but none of the rest seem to get much press. And I know that Kifaru makes quality gear, but I can't get my hands on any of it without buying it, which I'm reluctant to do without looking it over first, especially at the prospect of dropping $600 on one.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, the tenzing adjustment system is like the Black Creek, the difference between the two is the T packs have a longer frame/stays.

If that is your list then I am in agreement with the Full Curl. The only negative I have about it is the weight!! Its a heavy pack naked. Dig into some other lines though Tenzing, Kifaru, KUIU. They are making some GREAT packs!!!