Choosing a spotter

What are your opinions on the best spotter for the 1400-2000$ price range? It has to be straight I’ve never liked angled spotters, looking hard at the cabelas euro instinct which is the same as the meopta s2. Wondering if anyone has something out there they like even better then this or other options to consider.

BluMtn

WKR
There is a KOWA 884 in the classifieds right now. That would solve your spotter problem.

What are your opinions on the best spotter for the 1400-2000$ price range? It has to be straight I’ve never liked angled spotters, looking hard at the cabelas euro instinct which is the same as the meopta s2. Wondering if anyone has something out there they like even better then this or other options to consider.

You are certainly on the right track. The Meopta S2/Cabela's spotters are one of the best bang for your bucks in optics. I used to have a S2 with the wide angle eyepiece. Absolutely awesome glass. I was able to compare it side by side with my buddies Kowa with the wide angle multiple times over a few week period and it held its ground very admirably. I also used it side by side with my Swaro ATS, and would give the edge in clarity to the Meopta.
I would lean towards the Meopta version solely for the 30-60 wide angle eyepiece- that is not an option on the Cabela's scope.
The only draw back to the Meopta is the size/weight. That is why I ultimately sold mine. I do not use spotters very much, but when I do I found packing the big spotter around was tedious. I much prefer packing the smaller lighter ATS.