Choosing scope for 308 win

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Not trying to Hijack you here but do you know what that rifle will weight with the can on it? I've been looking at almost exactly that same setup for backcountry hunts and casual longish range shooting.

For scopes I was taking a hard look at that Leupold Mark5HD 3.6-18x44 FFP.

I'll be following this thread to see what you do and how you like it.

Not sure with the suppressor yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a quality rail and rings that’s a workable solution. I have a loaner swfa 12x that I pass around. Always comes back to zero.

Think badger, seekins, etc.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
I ended up changing the barrel length changed to a 20” on my Christiansen Arms MPR I have on order.

Haven’t pulled the trigger on a scope yet but looking hard at the Leopoldo Mark 5HD 5-25x56mm

You’ll appreciate the velocity I think. Have you looked at the 3-18 mark 5? For 1000 and in, I used to like about 12-15x. Over that, fov started to suck and mirage would kill the image.

ChrisAU

WKR
I ended up changing the barrel length changed to a 20” on my Christiansen Arms MPR I have on order.

Haven’t pulled the trigger on a scope yet but looking hard at the Leopoldo Mark 5HD 5-25x56mm

Shameless plug, I have a 5-25 in the classifieds if interested :D

Aside, that or the 3.6-18 are wonderful scopes.

Denisver

FNG
I have an Athlon Argos 6-24, ftp, mil hash illuminated reticle on my 300 WM. For me these noted features make it a perfect hunting scope. At $350 the optical quality is decent out to 800yd and then loses clarity, certainly suitable for hunting.

WKR
SWFA 6x or 3-9. American Rifle Company or Seekins low rings. ARC has black friday sale going.