Chris Cornell dead at 52

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Too bad substance abuse, depression and death are what this genre of artist have become known for, almost as much as their music.

Last edited:
OP
AK Troutbum
Oh, I think substance abuse, depression, and death in the music industry has been around for quite sometime. First name that comes to my mind is Hank Williams, but I'm sure that these issues were going on even before Hank's time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Too bad substance abuse, depression and death are what this genre of artist have become known for, almost as much as their music.
That's one of the cruel ironies of music, especially rock. It takes a tortured soul to create something so beautiful sometimes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Chris's wife is saying that she doesn't think he would have intentionally taken his own life and that she thinks he probably took too many Ativan which he had been on. One of the known side effects of Ativan is paranoia and suicidal ideations.

Regardless, it's a loss of a huge talent and a voice that hooked me during my college years. Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam, and Alice In Chains were the staples of my music back then and really still are. RIP.

MattB

WKR
That's one of the cruel ironies of music, especially rock. It takes a tortured soul to create something so beautiful sometimes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I was trying to figure out how to express this, and you nailed it.

choovhntr

WKR
Seriously one of the greatest hard rock voices and front man talent of the past three decades. I don't know if any vocalist can't top his performance from say "hello to heaven" and "call me a dog " from the temple of the dog album. He's already missed