Chris Cornell dead at 52

I was really bummed to hear, first thing when I woke up this morning, my buddy who lives in Seattle texted me that Chris Cornell was found dead in his hotel room after a show last night in Detroit. Sound Garden was one of my favorite bands in the early 90's and I was fortunate enough to see them at a Lollapalooza concert at the Gorge in Washington, back in '96. RIP Chris Cornell, you will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lif

WKR
Agreed. Grew up with my dads classic rock and my grunge. Chris was awesome and possibly considered the true roots of the Seattle grunge era. Gonna be missed.

I couldn't believe it.

Audioslave was one of my favorite bands growing up. His voice was so distinctive, I would immediately recognize it without knowing the song.

His recent solo work was as good as anything from his grunge glory days. The cover of almost forgot my broken heart and nothing compares to you were great.

What's everyone's favorite Soundgarden song? Mine is probably black rain.

Andrew Wood
Cobain
Layne Staley
Cornell

All were important to that Seattle sound.

BH.

I've always been a fan of Alice in chains. Layne singing Nutshell on unplugged always reminds me of a buddy who left too early.

Yeah was definetily a bummer to read waking up this morning. I've had Sound Garden radio going on Pandora all day today. Its too bad.

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
And yet Kanye still walks!

If you're going to kill people have some bloody taste.

News broke here last night and first sing I thought of was Like a stone, RIP mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jimbo V

WKR
I think I have too many to list but three that initially come to mind are; Hands All Over, Outshined, and Spoonman.

I think hunger strike with Eddie Vedder is pretty good.

4rcgoat

WKR
I couldn't believe it.

Audioslave was one of my favorite bands growing up. His voice was so distinctive, I would immediately recognize it without knowing the song.

His recent solo work was as good as anything from his grunge glory days. The cover of almost forgot my broken heart and nothing compares to you were great.

What's everyone's favorite Soundgarden song? Mine is probably black rain.

R.I.P. Chris,definitely one of my favorites singers.I am the highway is one of my all time favorites. They played "Say hello to heaven " this morning,another great song. Rock on Chris.

rodney482

WKR
I see all the talk about this dude on SM today.... every 72 min one of our military heroes takes their life.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
His passing cast a dark cloud on my day, one of the most powerful and distinctive voices of our lifetime. RIP

colonel00

WKR
He was definitely one of the great influences on a genre of music that could possibly define close to a decade.

I see all the talk about this dude on SM today.... every 20 min one of our military heroes takes their life.

Sorry but are you saying that 26,280 military vets commit suicide every year? I don't discount the plight of our service men and woman and I'm truly grateful for their service. However, I think this stat might be a bit askew.

rodney482

WKR
You are correct its 20 a day.. 1 every 72 minutes

He was definitely one of the great influences on a genre of music that could possibly define close to a decade.

Sorry but are you saying that 26,280 military vets commit suicide every year? I don't discount the plight of our service men and woman and I'm truly grateful for their service. However, I think this stat might be a bit askew.