Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle

RumLover

FNG
Anyone else have experience with the MPRs accuracy? I've been hankering for a 300 Norma, and like the features of the MPR, but if the accuracy isn't 1/2 moa, I'll probably just get a barreled action and drop it in my accuracy international 338 chassis.

The MPR interests me too in the 22” 6.5 version for a foldable pack rifle. I do a rifle hunt about every year where we pack in the day before season where this would be really handy to strap on the back of a pack and not have to worry about deploying it coming in or out.

I will say that I have read about accuracy issues and some other QC issues, mostly over at snipers hide and maybe long range hunting. Would definitely be interested in Avery’s final opinion as well.

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Very soon:)

Ryan,

Have you ever gotten a chance to write a review? Maybe somewhere else on this site?

I have just received a new MPR and it looks great. I have yet to mount a scope and try it. The reason for my asking is that the action on this rifle is disappointing - the worst I've felt on any rifle. It's unfinished; I can see the lathe and milling, they rub and it feels like a rasp when I cycle it. The only action I have felt that came close to being this bad was a Kimber Mtn Ascent, which was rattly and loose but not raspy like this MPR. I just assumed that the rattly part is the price you pay when you want a light weight setup, but I can't get used to the raspy feeling. It's not poor workmanship, just unfinished.

Maybe (hopefully) mine is a one-off factory boo-boo and Christensen can fix it. How does your action feel?

Last edited: