Christensen Arms MPR

ams

WKR
Life has been absolutely nuts. As of last week I was trying to sell a bunch of stuff but life has taken a dramatic turn for the better. That being said........ What do you guys think of this rifle? It’s pretty light and offered in the 300 Norma. I’m wondering if it could be fitted with a WTO SwitchLug and an extra bolt to switch from 300 Norma to 280ai or some other long action caliber. Is a Hells Canyon Armory barrel Sacrilege on a Christensen Arms? I like the light weight and folding stock but it just looks badass too. Anybody handle one yet? Will the AI mags be too short to load the Norma long?

I'm sort of in the same boat, and I've been asking myself all the same questions. Right now I'm planning to wait and see what similar chassis/stock options end up weighing. My last CA was nothing to write home about. I'd much rather have an ARC or Bighorn action and a Proof barrel. That said, the price is definitely right on the Christensen. As far as I understand, the rounds should fit in an AI mag. That was the idea behind the .590 Lapua diameter case. Maybe not the new 245 EOL, but I'm planning to shoot the 225 ELD M after running some preliminary numbers.

A CIP Lapua magazine allows something like 3.74". My 300 Norma is throated for 230 Berger's and ammo is about 3.670" to the lands with a 230 target hybrid for what it's worth.

OP
A

ams

WKR
I just got to handle one of these at a Sportsmens warehouse in 6.5 creedmoor. It was a 22 inch barrel but the rifle felt really really really really nice. The folding stock was awesome. And I think everybody in the store took a turn holding it.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
We shot a quick video with Kort from Christensen while we were in Vegas that may help you out.

[video=youtube;Tb9ZLF4a5dU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb9ZLF4a5dU[/video]

3forks

WKR
I was never too interested in chassis guns because all of them that I handled either felt janky or heavy (or both).

I saw Christensen was going to release the MPR a few months ago, and for the first time saw a chassis gun that looked like it might be something I'd actually want to hunt with besides just take to the range.

I'm not an impulse buyer, but I saw an MPR on the rack at my local Sportsman's Warehouse and bought it after handling it.

In the interest of keeping the rifle relatively light, I'm putting a Leupold VX-6HD 3x18 on it and am waiting for that scope to show up.

The only complaint I have so far, is that the Magpul grip is uncomfortable and little small for my hand. I remedied that issue by putting a Magpul MOE+ grip on it and it now feel great.

OP
A

ams

WKR
I almost bought it too. It felt that nice and it was impressive. A lot of gun for the price but still a big price.

OP
A

ams

WKR
Did you get to mess with a long action? If so do they feel just as nice? Anything beefed up on the Norma? So many questions.... That 6.5 sure felt nice though in a 22”

SNOW JW

FNG
For those that own this rig how does it balance in one hand when carrying it? Seriously looking I ride in a narrow polaris rzr & with a supressor it gets kinda long so the folding stock is a very nice feature. The Cooper 92 lightweight is the other gun I'm looking at.

2nd ? Can you swap out calibers with this being a chassis gun?

Thanks

RumLover

FNG
Anyone held a long action yet?

I spoke with a rep last week and they are working on a full length picatinny rail (action to front of forearm) for mounting scopes in line with clip-on NVD's. Release this summer.

I need to call them back an see if they are making a Really Right Stuff/ARCA rail attachment for the bottom of the forearm--or if it has MLOK on the bottom where I could attach an aftermarket rail. Planning on using a RRS tripod with Anvil set up for the upcoming season for both rifle and spotter. At ~8lbs with scope, if I can hand roll rounds for a 6.5 PRC and get 1/2 MOA, I'll be happier than a hound dog in a chicken coup at the matches this summer.

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sort of in the same boat, and I've been asking myself all the same questions. Right now I'm planning to wait and see what similar chassis/stock options end up weighing. My last CA was nothing to write home about. I'd much rather have an ARC or Bighorn action and a Proof barrel. That said, the price is definitely right on the Christensen.

I was on your program too. Wanted to build a Proof/Bighorn gun, but after getting wildly misquoted on the delivery date of Bighorn's Origin action, I bought a 22" MPR in 6.5. Since I wasn't really planning on having a chassis, I bedded a stock up for the MPR barreled action. I still think I would have preferred to have the gun I had set out for but the MPR has certainly been impressive for the price and I like that chassis a lot more than I thought I would. Now I may have to build the bighorn/proof, after all, to stick in the chassis.