Christensen arms new recoil pad?

I just ordered a christensen arms mesa in 300 win mag and it did not come with the limbsaver recoil pad. I called them and they said that they are not using them on their rifles anymore. They said the ones that they are using now are actually better. Does anyone have both recoil pads that can say which is better?

OP
alpinebuck
Here are some pictures of it.

Attachments

• 6EC82035-4EC9-49B6-8CC6-FF9AD7F8B707.jpeg
    6EC82035-4EC9-49B6-8CC6-FF9AD7F8B707.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 2FB844C6-071A-4DD3-BDB0-0214E8F4A534.jpeg
    2FB844C6-071A-4DD3-BDB0-0214E8F4A534.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 114
  • A648DB3E-E806-4D44-AA15-1E71220D410F.jpeg
    A648DB3E-E806-4D44-AA15-1E71220D410F.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 111
OP
alpinebuck
When i bought it from euro optic, it was advertised as having the limbsaver recoil pad, so it was a little disapointing not seeing the limbsaver. When i called them, they told me there was nothing they could do about it.

Grumman

WKR
The fit doesn’t look good to me. I’d change it just for aesthetics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the radial brakes that come with Christensen rifles are excellent recoil reducers. My 30 Nosler is lighter than my M70 in 308 Win, the 30 NOS is way better on my shoulder too.

it’s too bad they didn’t update the product description before your purchase.

I have a limb saver on my t3x super lite 308 (no muzzle brake), and I think the 308 hits harder than my 300 win mag. In essence what I'm trying to say... it's all about the brake. Full disclosure, I see you have a Mesa. I bought a Ridgeline, not sure what the differences are.

OP
alpinebuck
I have a limb saver on my t3x super lite 308 (no muzzle brake), and I think the 308 hits harder than my 300 win mag. In essence what I'm trying to say... it's all about the brake. Full disclosure, I see you have a Mesa. I bought a Ridgeline, not sure what the differences are.
Thanks, I think I’ll be fine then.

Pickle

FNG
Here are some pictures of it.
I just received my brand new Ridgeline last week and that is the exact recoil pad that is on mine. My cousin ordered it thru Lipseys for me. I thought it may have been an older rifle and was going to contact CA about it tomorrow. Now that I have seen your post, I am just gonna leave it the way it is.

I bought a Mesa in 7RM in Oct of 2020. It to, came with a CA recoil pad and not the limbsaver pad. Really not a big deal but when I ordered it, the limbsaver pad is what I expected to get and I felt slightly ripped off. I ordered the limbsaver pad (#10805) based on a email to customer service. I ended up needing to remove some material with a belt sander from the side that fits inside the stock to make it fit proper. Was it worth the extra money and effort...IDK but it definitely looks better in my opinion.

With that same rifle purchase, I also didn't receive the tread protector. I had to contact CA and they gave me a code to order a free one. They told me they no longer include the TP with the rifle purchases. Sounds like another way to save a few bucks per rifle sale then make a few extra if one wanted to purchase it. Hunting in the NE, most shots are under a 100y and you have very little if any notice when a shot will present itself. I only shot it once with the break on and no hearing protection based on the situation. Wowzers!!! I now only hunt with the TP on and while practicing use the brake.

I bought a Mesa in 7RM in Oct of 2020. It to, came with a CA recoil pad and not the limbsaver pad. Really not a big deal but when I ordered it, the limbsaver pad is what I expected to get and I felt slightly ripped off. I ordered the limbsaver pad (#10805) based on a email to customer service. I ended up needing to remove some material with a belt sander from the side that fits inside the stock to make it fit proper. Was it worth the extra money and effort...IDK but it definitely looks better in my opinion.

With that same rifle purchase, I also didn't receive the tread protector. I had to contact CA and they gave me a code to order a free one. They told me they no longer include the TP with the rifle purchases. Sounds like another way to save a few bucks per rifle sale then make a few extra if one wanted to purchase it. …
It’s not surprising they are cutting few items to save some $$ or improve their bottom line. I am researching a custom rifle build right now and am looking at 30% - 50% more cost than I would spend on a Christensen.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
All the ads on gbroker show the limbsaver recoil pad, but most sellers will have some fine print saying it's a stock photo. I have gotten a Mesa and a Ridgeline over the last 24 months and both came with the CA recoil pad. Both in 7mm mag and both recoil more like a .270. Between the brake and the recoil pad it's definitely a soft shooting platform.