Christensen Arms Ranger .22 LR?

howl

WKR
Seems fair. And 10/22 Compatible Magazines are smart. Only better mags are Browning. Or maybe Keystone.

boom

WKR
Penciled in for my 2020 Christmas gift to myself.
i was thinking of the CZ limited run GRAND FINALE, but this is cheaper.

tdhanses

WKR
If a new $800 22LR is reasonable to you, I've got a lucky penny I'm willing to sell you.

Ha, go price out a vudoo, $795 for everything they are offering is a smoking deal, that will easily be a 400 yard gun.

This isn’t a gun you shoot bulk federal ammo out of at 50 yards and call it good, for some they don’t realize how well a 22 LR can be for really improving your shooting, they just see a kids gun and plinker.

Broz has a great video shooting his 22 LR vudoo out to 850 or 900 yards.

But you’ll be shooting ammo that costs between $8-$25 for a box of 50 as well.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
It doesn't make me cringe, it makes me laugh. Looking forward to my 40's and maybe attempting to justifying buying something like that, but no midlife crisis happening for me at this point.

It’s no different they any other rifle, the better the components the more expensive the price, cal doesn’t matter. I bet you are ok with an $800 tikka in 308? Or maybe you only spend $300 on rifles and $100 on optics because they work and that’s ok, others prefer better options.

IMO this isn’t a midlife crisis purchase at all but again I’m looking for precision and accuracy out of a 22lr out to 400 yards, further then most people shoot their hunting rifles and that is more the crowd that sees the value they are offering.

Last edited:
It’s no different they any other rifle, the better the components the more expensive the price, cal doesn’t matter. I bet you are ok with an $800 tikka in 308? Or maybe you only spend $300 on rifles and $100 on optics because they work and that’s ok, others prefer better options.

IMO this isn’t a midlife crisis purchase at all but again I’m looking for precision and accuracy out of a 22lr out to 400 yards, further then most people shoot their hunting rifles and that is more the crowd that sees the value they are offering.
Actually the reason I find it funny is because how little use a 22LR is at 400+ yards and that I could spend the same money on a 223 or a fast twist 22-250 and be spending less on ammo to feed them.

tdhanses

WKR
Actually the reason I find it funny is because how little use a 22LR is at 400+ yards and that I could spend the same money on a 223 or a fast twist 22-250 and be spending less on ammo to feed them.

Targets are targets, see how much wind effects that little 22lr vs a 223 and tell what takes more skill to shoot accurately. To me it’s a trainer.

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Let me know where your buying 22-250 ammo for $8-$25 a box. Ill take some. Please and thank you.

Looks interesting. Ive been thinking about pulling the trigger on a vudoo. I still like them alot more but 3k+ vs 700 makes me think about it

wyosam

WKR
I’m not a CA guy, but if this is built to mimic the feel of their centerfires then it is an awesome trainer. Nice 22 bolt guns are awesome trainers. Rainbowing shots into small circles at 2-400 yards is addictive and cheap. Also requires the same skills as hitting targets WAY out there with a center fire. Being able to do it for pennies per shot instead of dollars means practice is cheap and the rifle pays for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR

No way you spend less reloading 50 rounds, I once was where you are till I got into 22lr, way more fun and cheaper.

OXN939

WKR
If a new $800 22LR is reasonable to you, I've got a lucky penny I'm willing to sell you.

Yeah cool idea having a .22 trainer, but I could buy my Savage MK II FVSR four times for the cost of one of these ☹