Christensen Arms Ranger 22lr Worth it???

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Or nah?

I want to get another bolt action 22 to be supressed, seems like the choices are the ranger or a ruger american rimfire for roughly half the price. Main use would be to shoot suppressed, small game hunting mostly.

Thanks!

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I don't have experience with either, but if in the market for a nice suppressor ready 22, I'd look towards CZ. I have a savage mark II FV-SR that a suppressor lives on and it is a really nice option for $225.

C.Cass

Lil-Rokslider
I second the CZ recommendation. I have a 457 American in 17HMR and we got my son a 457 scout last Christmas. CZ makes an outstanding rifle.

tdhanses

WKR
I really like my CA Ranger but I think a sleeper is the Ruger Precision Rimfire, mine Is a tack driver and both have similar accuracy but I did put a new barrel on the Ruger that is match grade. I also did some bedding of the action with aluminum foil, really though neither is needed but I like shooting out to 300 yards often so did what I could to improve accuracy.

mmac

WKR
CZ for me as well. I have a 455 and believe the trigger is great, but better on the 457. I run it only suppressed

WoodBow

WKR
I'm also interested in the ranger. I said i would buy one after i got my ridgeline and liked it so much. Not a lot of info out there about them that I have found. I did see a review somewhere, could have been here, where a guy tested 5-10 different kinds of ammo through it and either only one or none of the shot sub moa. I cant remember exactly. But they do come with a sub moa guarantee. It also mentioned that some of the early ones had a feeding issue that they have resolved.

Lawnboi

WKR
What’s your purpose for the 22? I wasn’t a fan of the ranger action but if I wanted a light, weatherproof rifle In stock form I don’t think it would be a bad option.

I really like my t1x in 17hmr for a rimfire. Shoots way better than it should. 273 yards was its longest confirmed prairie dog kill, 0-150 yards is a breeze with it

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What’s your purpose for the 22? I wasn’t a fan of the ranger action but if I wanted a light, weatherproof rifle In stock form I don’t think it would be a bad option.

I really like my t1x in 17hmr for a rimfire. Shoots way better than it should. 273 yards was its longest confirmed prairie dog kill, 0-150 yards is a breeze with it

Small game hunting, grouse, ptarmigan, rabbits.

wildcat33

WKR
Can’t say anything about the CA but I’ve been nothing but thrilled with my T1x. Reliable and accurate. Throw on a seekins srs out front and a DIP 25moa rail on top and it’s ready for some fun.

I have a Vudoo Ravage as well as a Tikka T1X. Given your apparent price range I'd say get a T1X.

Lawnboi

WKR
Small game hunting, grouse, ptarmigan, rabbits.
I’m not a Christensen arms fan, but for what you want I’d consider it.

A t1x, With the action and barrel cerakote would be good too, but I’d also put it in a krg bravo, and at that point it’s tipping the scale on price point

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m not a Christensen arms fan, but for what you want I’d consider it.

A t1x, With the action and barrel cerakote would be good too, but I’d also put it in a krg bravo, and at that point it’s tipping the scale on price point
I'd like to keep it light and fairly simple, it will spend a lot of time over my shoulder on my snowmobile. Also not really looking for something that I need to send out or drop off for work, ideally id get the gun, screw the suppressor onto it, bolt the 4x leupold rimfire scope I have onto it and be done.

I was also looking at one of the ruger american rimfire rifles.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through looking myself. I settled on the tikka t1x. Quite a bit less money but the reviews were outstanding and strong aftermarket support
I researched the heck out of the ranger and I couldn’t believe the number of people that had to send them back for warranty work. One of the forums had a specific thread where people were posting their issues and that they sent the gun back to be repaired. I found most of the information on rimfire forums and snipers hide. I found very few negative reviews about the cz or the tikka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just went through looking myself. I settled on the tikka t1x. Quite a bit less money but the reviews were outstanding and strong aftermarket support
I researched the heck out of the ranger and I couldn’t believe the number of people that had to send them back for warranty work. One of the forums had a specific thread where people were posting their issues and that they sent the gun back to be repaired. I found most of the information on rimfire forums and snipers hide. I found very few negative reviews about the cz or the tikka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not good. Thanks for mentioning that, I’ll look into it. With that in mind I’ll probably look more seriously at CZ or the Ruger American.

I just got mine. These shots are at 25 yds with a scope that has parallax adjustment down to 50 yds, shot with the black pack 38 gr copper plated ammo from Black Friday ~2 years ago.

r0s7YWY.jpg

hom6UFE.jpg

IoBTlBU.jpg

ezEjoc4.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and buy the 40 MOA rail for it since I needed to come up about 3 mils to be 1" low at 25 yds (~50 yd zero). That'll give me ~22 mils of elevation, or enough to get 400 yds.