Christensen Arms Ridgeline

brushape

WKR
My new local sportsman warehouse has 6 of these in stock for 1949 I'm so tempted by them I don't even want to handle them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig4791

WKR
My new local sportsman warehouse has 6 of these in stock for 1949 I'm so tempted by them I don't even want to handle them

I've thought about driving over there a few times and some how resisted lol.

Anyone know what the big differences between the Ridgeline and the Classic 2?

deadwolf

WKR
I've thought about driving over there a few times and some how resisted lol.

Most Sportsmans will offer a 5% military or first responder discount as well. Will help a bit if it applies to you : )

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know what the big differences between the Ridgeline and the Classic 2?

The main difference would be the scope rail machined on the receiver of the classic vs the bolt on scope rail included with the Ridgeline. It appears the stocks are different construction reading the descriptions on their web site. Also it looks like the new ridgelines will have SS breaks. My ridgeline came with a titanium break.

The main difference would be the scope rail machined on the receiver of the classic vs the bolt on scope rail included with the Ridgeline. It appears the stocks are different construction reading the descriptions on their web site. Also it looks like the new ridgelines will have SS breaks. My ridgeline came with a titanium break.

if it matters to ya. the latest ridgeline will have two studs up front and 8-40 screws ive been told, as well as the ss mb rather than ti and a larger $ tag.

deadwolf

WKR
Got my new 300 WSM scoped up today with a Viper PST 4-16x50 ffp, looking forward to break in and load development and seeing how she shoots. I'm not certain this scope will stay on, might search out something a little lighter than 22ozs. As it sits it's weighing in at 8lbs 2ozs.

Something interesting, I saw others post about the Timney trigger and how some were measured at 3.5, factory says set at 2.5, customer service has said its at 3lbs, so I dry fired a couple times to get a feel for the trigger. After each dry fire the bolt was slightly harder to lift than if I were to just cycle the bolt, I'm not sure why that is.

b6f71fd1a1f0ad6e58954d1b2487b6a2.jpg

dd82ad4fe1ff5639e0e18e793b8e2d01.jpg

connorwilliams

Lil-Rokslider
Deadwolf,

We found the same thing with the bolt being hard to open after a dry fire. I was told this will get better as the rifle breaks in

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Something interesting, I saw others post about the Timney trigger and how some were measured at 3.5, factory says set at 2.5, customer service has said its at 3lbs, so I dry fired a couple times to get a feel for the trigger. After each dry fire the bolt was slightly harder to lift than if I were to just cycle the bolt, I'm not sure why that is.

I believe what you are describing, is the bolt "cocking". It will always be harder to lift the bolt after firing.

deadwolf

WKR
I hear what you're saying there Justin, just haven't experienced that much resistance in other rifles I have and have owned. I'm sure it's good to go!

mines the same... ive only owned crf type feeds so this push type is new to me. its stiff like no others ive ever had. has become slightly smoother with 65 rounds through it but still not like any other rifle i have owned. over all i think i prefer this safety type over a mauser 3 p type. its much more natural when peering down my scope going from safe to fire. hope it becomes more smooth yet.

Hookem 74

FNG
my trigger pull is at 3.5pounds.... any info on adjusting it? imagine i can find info or read about it or call ca to know but think having it break sooner will aid my group testing as well as the usual.......

called ca today evidently they say the trigger only goes down to 3 pounds so i ordered a trigger tech today to try, they looked interesting, now a month wait begins.

Really didn't think mine was all that heavy until I put it on the bags trying to get some groups... I was having to start breathing cycle all over agin halfway through trigger pull!! On my trigger, the only one that has marker paint on it is the sear engagement screw, which was fine. Took the trigger pull down a few twists and am much happier with it now. Dropped group size substantially. And it is definitely under 3 lbs...

Really didn't think mine was all that heavy until I put it on the bags trying to get some groups... I was having to start breathing cycle all over agin halfway through trigger pull!! On my trigger, the only one that has marker paint on it is the sear engagement screw, which was fine. Took the trigger pull down a few twists and am much happier with it now. Dropped group size substantially. And it is definitely under 3 lbs...

guess its a mixed bag... the two screws on the front of mine are filled nearly flush. spoze i could use plyers and grab the threads and turn not using the head with an allen wrench. ill just put the trigger tech in for fun etc... and shoot. glad yours worked out.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Lucky dog

Those aren't my rifles. I just set them up, and am reloading for them. My three buddies brought them up in the hills with me yesterday to do some long range testing with them. With the snow levels, we were only able to get to a spot where we could shoot 560 yds, and the wind was horrible. We had a good time though, and smacked some steel.

deadwolf

WKR
Got mine out to break in yesterday and enjoyed some fun shooting and a nice day. Tedious of course with break in and cleaning the gun after every shot, but fun nonetheless. Was shooting some "cheap" Winchester 180's mostly just to get the .300wsm brass. It's damn near cheaper to just shoot the ammo to get the brass than it is to buy it. Will be reloading with some 190 ABLRs and possibly some Barnes 175LRXs. So far I'm thinking it's gonna easily shoot .5 MOA.

7 shot group at 200yds

e351cfd758b855880216b0296fc9d012.jpg

52e54c7cb23731162f5a8091748eb268.jpg

Got mine out to break in yesterday and enjoyed some fun shooting and a nice day. Tedious of course with break in and cleaning the gun after every shot, but fun nonetheless. Was shooting some "cheap" Winchester 180's mostly just to get the .300wsm brass. It's damn near cheaper to just shoot the ammo to get the brass than it is to buy it. Will be reloading with some 190 ABLRs and possibly some Barnes 175LRXs. So far I'm thinking it's gonna easily shoot .5 MOA.

7 shot group at 200yds

e351cfd758b855880216b0296fc9d012.jpg

52e54c7cb23731162f5a8091748eb268.jpg

Wow! After seeing that shitty 200yd group, it makes me glad that I didn't buy one.

Man, once you get the barrel broke in and some loads dialed in, you won't be able to tell a single shot from a 3 shot group. Nice job Matt!

deadwolf

WKR
Wow! After seeing that shitty 200yd group, it makes me glad that I didn't buy one.

Man, once you get the barrel broke in and some loads dialed in, you won't be able to tell a single shot from a 3 shot group. Nice job Matt!

Ha! Thanks Greg! I think I coulda tightened up my group if the guy 3 bench's over wasn't raining down brass on my table from his AK47!

I only got to put 20 rounds through it, but absolutely no complaints so far. The chamber on the rifle seems tight (not a bad thing), I had two cases that required some muscle to extract. Think all will be fine once the brass is resized and prepped, or maybe it won't like Winchester brass? The factory stuff did have a serious crimp on them out of the box which leads me to think the brass was long. We'll see. I love this, $54.99 for a box of 20, loaded, Nosler Trophy grade 190ABLR's vs. $63.99 for a box of Nosler brass (25)! I always thought I got into reloading because it would save me money! Eh, we all know we do it for the product we turn out and the fun of it I guess : )

Can't wait to get out and shoot it again soon.