Christensen Arms Traverse Review

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
My Ridgeline stock is a bit soft in the forend as well. I wish for the money it would have come with a monte carlo stock so it would be easier to look through my scope without any modifications, that being said input on products often goes unnoticed.

The Traverse is the result of Christensen Arms listening to feedback on the Ridgeline.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Travis, any updates? I'm also curious about the action length. Is it a modified short action, medium, or long for the 6.5 PRC? Also, is the stock on this rifle any more rigid in the fore end than the ridgeline? All of the ridgeline rifles I have handled had really mushy stocks. Thanks.

Without measuring the bolt, I believe this is a short action. Pretty small ejection port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this one is on my list. Liked the Ridgeline, but wanted a Monte Carlo stock. I was looking at several other brands just for the stock alone....lol. Still trying to decide between this one and the MPR(love the folding stock idea, even though it is heavier)

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
d69a0f55c613f5639478627fff083153.jpg

khuber84

WKR
I wonder if Christensen would sell just a barreled action. All their stocks kinda blow in my opinion. They need just start sourcing from AG composites, or re-design their comb heights for large optics/longer range stuff. The Mesa Altitude stock is quite nice. JCS composites makes some great options as well.

byoung.id

FNG
Im set to receive CA's new Traverse for review next week!

It is one of their lightest rifles produced weighing in at 7.3LBS (short action, LA=7.7LBS) and I cant wait to put some round down range.

I chose the 6.5 PRC from the 19 different caliber choices offered as I hope to use it on a mule deer hunt or two. We will find out soon as tag results in several states are just weeks away. I also plan on having my 10 year old daughter use it on her first Elk hunt this year in the beautiful state of Oregon.

I will post actual specs once I receive the rifle in hand.

Follow along as I work up a load, range test, and ultimately field test the Traverse this fall.

Edit 11/24/19 - Travis just finished up this awesome review!

Christensen Arms Traverse Review
Great review, thank you. Do you know if there are spacers built for CA stock to lengthen the pull?

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great review, thank you. Do you know if there are spacers built for CA stock to lengthen the pull?

I talked to CA, at this time, they do not make a spacer for the traverse...

I wonder if Christensen would sell just a barreled action. All their stocks kinda blow in my opinion. They need just start sourcing from AG composites, or re-design their comb heights for large optics/longer range stuff. The Mesa Altitude stock is quite nice. JCS composites makes some great options as well.

I have a CA Classic which, I believe, uses the same stock as the Traverse. To me, it is a nice stock and a good bit stiffer than the Ridgeline stock (I do not like the Ridgeline stock). The comb height works great with a 50 mm objective scope for me from various positions (prone, bench, standing off tripod, etc).

Grumman

WKR
I handled one of these in the store the other day and they nailed the stock design. Fit me like a glove compared to the Ridgeline. If I was buying a Christensen the Traverse would be the one.

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
Great Review thank you. Seriously considering purchasing after handling one in my local shop the other day. Has anyone with a Traverse put a 20 MOA split rail on the action replacing the 0 Moa full length rail. Anyone shooting suppressed with your traverse and if so has the accuracy/MOA changed compared to the side ported brake.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great Review thank you. Seriously considering purchasing after handling one in my local shop the other day. Has anyone with a Traverse put a 20 MOA split rail on the action replacing the 0 Moa full length rail. Anyone shooting suppressed with your traverse and if so has the accuracy/MOA changed compared to the side ported brake.

I have a 20 moa on mine but not split. You might save an ounce by doing that. My suppressor showed up last month and I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet! But to dive deeper in your question, I believe and has been my experience with suppressors that poi shift has everything to do with the suppressor and not the rifle. I’ve had accuracy change in a rifle suppressed but being a handloader, it’s easy to work up a different load for the same fun suppresses/ not suppressed.