Christensen Arms Traverse Review

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im set to receive CA's new Traverse for review next week!

It is one of their lightest rifles produced weighing in at 7.3LBS (short action, LA=7.7LBS) and I cant wait to put some round down range.

I chose the 6.5 PRC from the 19 different caliber choices offered as I hope to use it on a mule deer hunt or two. We will find out soon as tag results in several states are just weeks away. I also plan on having my 10 year old daughter use it on her first Elk hunt this year in the beautiful state of Oregon.

I will post actual specs once I receive the rifle in hand.

Follow along as I work up a load, range test, and ultimately field test the Traverse this fall.

Edit 11/24/19 - Travis just finished up this awesome review!

Christensen Arms Traverse Review

Tartan

WKR
Is Christensen’s 6.5 prc built on a modified version of their short action (I believe the standard short action’s coal is too short for the 6.5 prc) or is it in their long action?

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is Christensen’s 6.5 prc built on a modified version of their short action (I believe the standard short action’s coal is too short for the 6.5 prc) or is it in their long action?

We will find out soon! The rifle is delayed a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
It finally arrived! Very excited to get this out to the range. I topped it with my swarovski x5 and loaded up some pills to test. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it out soon. It’s been straight windy here!
095275ca62b7f44909d4332a74ffa215.jpg
e6edc42dc6897c9a9943e3d2ecb34ac9.jpg
d08abd8b85b2a4159fdd626860552c06.jpg

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will weigh soon! I was so excited when I received it, I put my Javelin bipod and Swarovski X5i on it without thinking of weighing it first. It is on my list for this weekend though. I can tell you it is light.
What’s is weigh naked?

Curious too. Don’t have any firsthand experience with CA but always thought their listed weights seemed on the heavy side compared to some others like kimber, etc.

mt100gr.

WKR
Travis, any updates? I'm also curious about the action length. Is it a modified short action, medium, or long for the 6.5 PRC? Also, is the stock on this rifle any more rigid in the fore end than the ridgeline? All of the ridgeline rifles I have handled had really mushy stocks. Thanks.

Jasper17

FNG
My Ridgeline stock is a bit soft in the forend as well. I wish for the money it would have come with a monte carlo stock so it would be easier to look through my scope without any modifications, that being said input on products often goes unnoticed.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Ridgeline stock is a bit soft in the forend as well. I wish for the money it would have come with a monte carlo stock so it would be easier to look through my scope without any modifications, that being said input on products often goes unnoticed.

I’ll look when I get off shift. Memory serves it was pretty stiff but I’ll double check. I do not have a ridgeline to compare to unfortunately. This Monte Carlo stock feels very nice. I particularly like the thumb swell.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Travis, any updates? I'm also curious about the action length. Is it a modified short action, medium, or long for the 6.5 PRC? Also, is the stock on this rifle any more rigid in the fore end than the ridgeline? All of the ridgeline rifles I have handled had really mushy stocks. Thanks.

I’ll confirm on the action tomorrow as well as the stock. I don’t have a ridgeline to compare to unfortunately... but it seems rigid from my recollection.

I will say it’s a shooter. This is the first load I have tried with it!
2d576f87abc5d00b339be8e64656cb8a.jpg