Christensen Arms Traverse Trigger

Fraulein

FNG
I took my new Christensen Arms Traverse in .300 Win Mag out the other day to break in the barrel and zero the scope. I put the Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24 along with Zeiss precision rings and I was on paper my first shot after laser bore sighting it in my back yard. This is my first bolt gun so I am pretty new to the long range world (I hunt with my bow or a 12ga for deer) but was able to get a group of .58" at 100 yards just using my pack as support. Overall very impressed with this rifle (minus issue below). Also, after about 60 rounds, my shoulder could have taken a lot more. I was really impressed with the light recoil on it.

My issue was while I was shooting it, the safety felt gritty while cycling it from safe to fire and vice versa. I thought it was maybe just it breaking in but it got worse as the day went on. I knocked it off after it felt like I may be doing damage to it when it got very hard to cycle between safe and fire. I did my thorough cleaning today and while I was function checking it post cleaning the safety would not move from safe. Its hard stuck and will not budge. I pulled the barrel off and saw it is a TriggerTech Field Model 700. I can't find a lot of information on it online but I have seen people posting about similar issues with other TriggerTech triggers. Anyone on here have anything like this happen to them? I reached out to CA today to see if they have anything to say as well.

Elk_ADD

FNG
I have a somewhat similar issue.

First, I want to mention I have a Mesa in .308 and another Mesa in 6.5 PRC and both shoot sub-MOA and have not had any issues.

Here’s my story. I had been wanting to get a Ridgeline in .308 with the shorter 20” barrel. After a year or so, Scheels happened to get one in. I was there shortly before they were closing so I looked at the barrel a little, cycled the action a couple times and bought it. I took it home, put it in my safe and finally got it out after about a month as my son and I were headed to the range the next day. I was checking it out before I cleaned it and put the scope on. I cycled the bolt a few times and went to dry fire it and nothing. The trigger wouldn’t pull in safe or fire so I messed with it a while and nothing. A buddy has the same gun so we switched the bolts and his would dry fire with either bolt and mine would not fire with either. I messed with it and cycled the bolt a bunch with no luck. I talked with Scheels a week or so later and they said bring it in. I cycled the bolt hard before I put it in the case that day and it fired. I cycled the bolt, pushed the safety on and back off and it fired. I went to put the safety back on and it was now stuck on fire and each time I closed the bolt it would fire without touching the trigger. I took it in and they told me they would send it in to CA or I could exchange it for another CA or even a different brand if I wanted. I wish I would have got something different when they offered. CA has now had it since September 9th and when I talked to them today they told me it would be a minimum of 6-8 weeks still. I understand things fail but they have major QC issues along with other significant issues such as too many of the carbon barrels having accuracy problems. I thought they fired every rifle before it went out but I don’t see how that is possible with mine. I have good friend that had to send an RL 6.5 PRC back because it would not group and I was talking with a guy at the range last week that asked me to shoot his RL 300 Win Mag because it wouldn’t group. They both had tried resetting them up, re-torquing, different scopes and shooters. Between the 3 of us, 3 of 8 rifles will have been sent back to CA with issues.
Good luck with getting your issue resolved.

OP
F

Fraulein

FNG
Thanks for the reply, and I am sorry to hear you are having a similar issue. Mine so far, has shot very well and I am hoping that continues.

I will say I had an overall positive experience with CA customer service and my issue has since been resolved. I filled out the contact card on their website and had an email in the next two days from customer support. They sent me a document with step by step troubleshooting steps to verify it was the trigger (with a lot of pictures). I verified that it was not the trigger pins coming out and blocking the safety and CA offered to send me a new trigger if I wanted to install it myself, which I took them up on. I was overall impressed with how quickly they dealt with the issue, but luckily, I didn't have to send my gun in.

Elk_ADD

FNG
Thanks for the reply, and I am sorry to hear you are having a similar issue. Mine so far, has shot very well and I am hoping that continues.

I will say I had an overall positive experience with CA customer service and my issue has since been resolved. I filled out the contact card on their website and had an email in the next two days from customer support. They sent me a document with step by step troubleshooting steps to verify it was the trigger (with a lot of pictures). I verified that it was not the trigger pins coming out and blocking the safety and CA offered to send me a new trigger if I wanted to install it myself, which I took them up on. I was overall impressed with how quickly they dealt with the issue, but luckily, I didn't have to send my gun in.
I am glad to hear you had a good experience in getting it resolved. I think mine will need a new trigger assembly as well. I was going to put a new trigger in instead of sending to CA but I was a little nervous about voiding the warranty if I had other issues.

Happy shooting!