Christensen Arms Traverse

Mowy33

FNG
Anyone been using a CA traverse? Came across one today while meaning to check out the ridgeline. I hadn’t held a traverse before and am very interested. Would be buying it in 300 win mag.
Anyone been shooting one for a while? What are your thoughts? Use case would be elk hunting. Thanks.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
I have two. Black standard in 308 and the white / silver anniverary 300 WM. Have them both setup with NF NX8 2.5-20s.

Bought the 308 1st and it is a tack driver. shoots well under MOA with factory loads.

So I bought the 300 WM anniversary. Would shoot a couple of rounds ok. Then all over the place. Realized the rail was loose. Undid that and it shot ok, but nothing like the 308; wondered if it was just me and a magnum caliber.

Took the 300 WM 1st season CO elk hunt (not that anything happened with the giant moon….) and while hiking kept hearing a noise while the rifle was slinged. Realized the barrel was slapping against the stock; one of the action screws was loose. TIghtened and re-sighted quickly back at camp and it seemed fine. Also, despite only shooting factory rounds, I have a heavy / tight bolt; nothing at all like the 308 which is smooth as silk. It’s going to the gun smith.

So…. Yeah….

mmac

WKR
Any other thoughts? I am looking at this and a Havak PH2 and on the fence.

SoYoCo

FNG
Has anyone restocked a Ridgeline instead of buying a traverse? I had a chance to handle a traverse last night and really like the stock as opposed to the Ridgeline. It’s just a substantial price increase.