Christensen Mesa Vs Savage Ultralite 110

ZMT588

Lil-Rokslider
6.5 Creedmoor. I was between 280 AI, Creedmoor, and .308 but came across a really good deal on a Creedmoor and jumped on it. Likely a little underpowered for what I'm looking to do but I think it will get the job done.

Have you shot your rifle yet? How does the stock feel. I'm on the verge of buying one of these. Haven't made it to a store to check one out in my hands yet though.

OP
S

Sankacoffee

Lil-Rokslider
Have you shot your rifle yet? How does the stock feel. I'm on the verge of buying one of these. Haven't made it to a store to check one out in my hands yet though.
Still waiting on the scope to come in but will shoot it in the next week. The stock is ok. I’ve gotten so used to plastic stocks from waterfowl that it doesn’t bother me. The rifle is even lighter than I expected and overall feels really nice in the hand. Bolt isn’t the smoothest but getting a blueprinted action and a carbon barrel at that price is certainly worth the trade off for me.

ZMT588

Lil-Rokslider
Still waiting on the scope to come in but will shoot it in the next week. The stock is ok. I’ve gotten so used to plastic stocks from waterfowl that it doesn’t bother me. The rifle is even lighter than I expected and overall feels really nice in the hand. Bolt isn’t the smoothest but getting a blueprinted action and a carbon barrel at that price is certainly worth the trade off for me.

I have a Savage 111 ultra lite Hunter in 30-06 that has the same action and bolt. So I won’t be too let down lol.

I have a CA Ridgeline with the 20” barrel chambered in 308. Got it to put together a lightweight rig to run my suppressor on it for hunting.

When the camo stock Savage ultralites become available I will likely replace the CA ridgeline

Leaning toward 280 AI or may go 300 wsm and load them lite because all I really need is a 165 grain bullet going around 3000 FPS for my elk/deer hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZMT588

Lil-Rokslider
I have a CA Ridgeline with the 20” barrel chambered in 308. Got it to put together a lightweight rig to run my suppressor on it for hunting.

When the camo stock Savage ultralites become available I will likely replace the CA ridgeline

Leaning toward 280 AI or may go 300 wsm and load them lite because all I really need is a 165 grain bullet going around 3000 FPS for my elk/deer hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when the camo is going to be released?

I will give another nod to the Christensen. I have the Mesa in 7mm and absolutely love the gun! I set it up with a VX5 and so far it is 4/4 on antelope and mule deer. It could be lighter but I think there is such a thing as too light of a rifle. My .02

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Savage Ultralite in .308. I liked the stock but felt like I, and the gun could be more accurate with a better stock so I put a B&C M40 stock on and bedded it. I also put a Xcaliber muzzle brake. Finished weight with a Zeiss V4 and Talleys is just shy of 8.5 pounds. Gun is an honest sub half moa out to 600 with Berger 155 and Varget and more often than not I can shoot in the .2s at 100 yards