Christensen or Fierce?

swade56

FNG
Picked up a Fierce Edge this week in 300 WSM. Found it on clearance at Sportsman’s. Excited to see what it can do. Fit and finish seem top notch. Mounting scope and loading some ammo this weekend. Hope to get to the range next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any status on performance?

fatbacks

WKR
Any status on performance?

Made it to the range for a quick test last week. It was snowing and shooting benches were icy so conditions were not ideal. Able to get about 20 rounds through the barrel with a lot of groups around 1”.

With the cold and dark here in interior Alaska it is pretty tough to accurately work up a load this time of year but I am ready when the weather allows. The factory target it came with had a .3” group with Barnes 165 TTSX. I really like Barnes and loaded up some 168 gr TTsX’s and 175 gr LRX’s to see how they do. Also want to test the Berger 210 but I really don’t like to hunt with that bullet.

38896436852c89bd3b06a193ded7316b.jpg

MNGaryB

FNG
I bought the Fierce in 300 RUM last year. It is a really great rifle for the $$. I have a load worked up for now that has leveled off and I believe I have the right Node. I have rung steel quite easily out past 1200. Even with the radial break it has a solid kick to it. Not bad, but noticeably more than my Browning 300 WM that is also breaked.
I liked the Fierce rifle enough to order another one. This time I went with the Nosler 28. I opted for the carbon barrel and LR stock to blend the Edge model with the Fury LR and keep my weight down from my Rum. I did not get all the accessories to keep costs down. Things like bipod, load work up, Boyd Case and custom turret. Those things alone saved me around $1200. Plus I am putting my own scope on it.

I too looked at Gunwerks but c'mon man. That's just crazy money. CA is about the same as Fierce (same guys original), but other than local reviews on here, I heard mixed results from their stuff. Both companies are only 1.5 hrs from me.

I don't like the Monte Carlo type stock on the edge. I prefer a more vertical grip and higher cheek weld when using the 50mm Obj scopes.
I wish the trigger was a lil more sensitive. I have loosened mine up to 1.5 lbs.
I did add a cheek riser and the eye relief obtaining target is now less effort
Cant say enough good things about the action/bolt- super silky and smooth.

I think their action (Sako) is a great and smooth action.
What did that set up cost in the end?

Dusty2426

WKR
I’ve owned 3 fierce 6.5-284 300 win and 300rum and not a single one shot worth poop. Customer service was poor in helping out. Ended up selling and getting a custom built. never owned CA but I wouldn’t use a fierce to stake out my tent.

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
I own CA Ridgeline in 300 rum and shoots great, this is 200 yards with 215 gr. Berger’s.1D68C540-7201-4D26-9EDE-CFD0140DECA1.jpeg3 round group working on load developing...

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
The Christancen arms is a better action IMO, I don't mind the Fierce but given a choice I would not use one.

What did that set up cost in the end?

It was around $3k.

I am a local (within 50 miles) so I drove to the new place. I have been to the old place 2 times. I can say this: It appears they are gearing up to do more of the work, "in house". They did not tell me this, but when I toured the shop floor, I saw a lot of machinery that spoke for itself. This will both help them with lead times and profits as they can better control inventory. They did not relinquish the old building so I suspect they plan to do a lot more in house or other gun package requirements going forward.
I too had issues getting returned pone calls, but I deal with this on my business side all the time, so I am used to taking initiative to see things thru.

I found out that PhoneSkope, (another local business) is making custom rifles as well. Right at that $3K range with a scope. I may have to look into them for any future needs. The Fierce Arms I have (2) all shoot as well as advertised and I haven't had any issues from their side of things.
8d5b8a62ae985f6617ea62d79c0861fc.jpg

scooter25

FNG
I bought a Fierce Carbon Edge this spring in 300WSM. I have been very happy with with it. I have been able to shoot 2" groups at 400yds with 165gr federal trophy copper. The trigger is super crisp and the action is very smooth.

Love my fierce Fury in 300 WM. My brother has a Mesa and it shoots really good but it’s not as nice IMO.

bwtitus

FNG
I've seen Christensens that wouldn't shoot and Fierce rifles that wouldn't shoot. Overall, I think that the Christenson allows for more upgrades in the future, being based off of the R700. I think the accuracy potential for a R700 type action is higher than the Sako type on the Fierce. I mean the majority of respected custom action manufacturers use 700 clones. I've shot both, I'd lean Christensen.

Shotshill

FNG
I own a CA mesa 6.5cm and a Fierce edge 6.5 cm...
The Fierce has a superior box mag and is well finished with an easily adjustable trigger.
That said, my CA mesa out shoots the Fierce .
The CA mesa can shoot well under .5” with multiple factory rounds and weights to include most hunting rounds..
The Fierce is fickle and shoots light loads 120grn decent.. The Fierce shot 1 group of 3 rounds @ .47”... The CA mesa shot 7 different rounds under .5”...
Also, my wife bought a CA ridgeline and replicated similar results with hers...
Ive no use for the Fierce at this point.. Its a nice rifle just not as accurate as my CA mesa...
I really wanted it to be the shizzle. It was out shot by the CA... Just my experience..
Attached is 4 shots @ 100yds with Hornady box eldx... Im no marksman just relaying my experience.

Attachments

• BA344464-71DA-421B-A00B-67709EF643B1.jpeg
    BA344464-71DA-421B-A00B-67709EF643B1.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 53