Christensen ridge line

skings22

FNG
Sportsman’s has the ridge line on sale for 1750.00 . My question is I have my first suppressor in jail right now and my savage 116
Weather warrior barrel is too thin to thread so
I am thinking about buying one of these. It comes in 24 inch and 26 inch barrel length.
The caliber is going to be 300 win mag
What barrel length should I go with?
Thanks

I hunted several seasons with a Ridgeline in 300wm 24” with a suppressor, had great results. It is a long set up, but workable. I would not want to be any longer than that.

OP
skings22

skings22

FNG
I hunted several seasons with a Ridgeline in 300wm 24” with a suppressor, had great results. It is a long set up, but workable. I would not want to be any longer than that.
Thank you for the reply. How does your ridgeline shoot? I have heard it's the luck of the draw when buying one.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Thank you for the reply. How does your ridgeline shoot? I have heard it's the luck of the draw when buying one.
I wouldn't worry about it. Mine's quite impressive. I have had a friend with a mesa that didn't shoot great - they sent it back to CA, new barrel, now a tack driver, which is why I would say don't worry about it. Hard to beat the value for what you are getting.

Picked up a new Ridgeline 300wm this year despite all the less than stellar accuracy reviews here. It’s the most accurate rifle I own now after the proper break-in and finding the right bullet. I thought the Nosler trophy grade 180 accubond would be the best, but after about $200 worth, Barnes ttsx is shooting sub MOA and very repeatable.

I actually had 2, both were sub-moa with Nosler factory ammo (I had a stash that I never shot through so I never worked up loads for them). The gunsmith who built the rifle that replaced my Christensen is very anti-Christensen. He sent me videos of new Christensen rifles closing on no-go gauges, personally I loved both of mine and only replaced them to get into a shorter, lighter rifle.

whaack

WKR
I’ve had 3 Ridgelines. Have one now too. All of the shot 1/2” with factory ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 26" MPR in 300 Wm. My buddy just bought a FFT ridgeline which has a 22" on it. I think the 24" barrel is a great compromise. My MPR shoots sub-moa and so does his FFT.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know anything about your Savage, but have you actually talked with a gunsmith about threading it?

OMB

WKR
I have one I bought a few years ago, 300 Win Mag with 26" barrel. 1/2 MOA groups all day, had to do the standard pre-flight checklist of torqueing everything down but I'm happy with it. Good enough that it's probably going with a friend to Mongolia next summer for an argali hunt.

I'd probably opt for a 24" barrel if I was doing it again, the 26" with a brake can be pretty unwieldy getting out of vehicles or in any kind of cover.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy owns 2 or 3 Ridgelines (26, 28, and 30 Nosler) and they're all sub-MOA shooters. I've owned a 6.5 PRC Mesa that was a sub-MOA gun with factory 143gr, currently own a Ridgeline 300 Win Mag that's sub-MOA with my 212gr ELD-X handloads. I also got to shoot a Ridgeline FFT in 6.5 Creedmoor that also held sub-MOA w/ 120gr Hornady Full Bore GMX loads between myself and another friend of mine.

Disclaimer: These are all 3 shot "Sub MOA" groups, but all Christensen guns I've had first hand experience with, or witnessed on the bench have been performers.

OP
skings22

skings22

FNG
Had a buddy come over this week and he bought my savage. Sunday was the last day of the sale
so I ended up buying the Ridgeline. I could not get or order the 24 inch barrel so 26 inch it is.

OP
skings22

skings22

FNG
I don't know anything about your Savage, but have you actually talked with a gunsmith about threading it?
We measure the diameter to skinny and it was already a 24 inch barrel and I would of had to cut it down to much.