Christensen Ridgeline FFT

Has anyone out there handled one of these and shot it yet?

Curious to hear how they compare to the regular Ridgeline and Ridgeline Ti in terms of smoothness of action, fit/finish, how it shoots, and any other feedback. The carbon knob on the bolt sounds weird...

I am only seeing the 6.5 CM and 308s for sale at this time....waiting for other calibers but curious what the early returns are

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy and I had the chance to shoot one of the 20" 6.5CM w/ some Hornady Full Boar ammo (120gr GMX) and we both stacked 3rd groups well under 1" and were ringing the 700yd plates no problem. It's a very light gun, so it requires a lot better shooting form.

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy took delivery of his Ridgeline FFT in 7/08 with 20” barrel a couple days ago, I’m a gun snob, and this thing blew me away, fit and finish was excellent, weight is crazy light, I asked him to take it apart so we could get weights and we did, I double checked his scales and they were spot on, I’ve owned everything from Jarrett full customs to ULA’s, basically I’m waiting for left handed stuff to show up and I’m getting one in 300 win mag, Ridgeline, I have read all the QC problems online and have no idea how this thing will shoot but my first impressions are enough to make me spend $2500 when the lefties show up, I have a regular Mesa for my son in 7/08 that shoots lights out, some pics with weights. B19B0EBA-EFCB-452E-8B36-BEBDF8CFECF3.jpeg 18.7 oz bare stock, impressive.CF8F6814-451C-4E9E-9CF9-1A247E834CF1.jpeg5 lbs 7.2 oz complete rifle

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
And FYI, the FFT model’s do not come with the thread protector, he was and is still super pissed lol, I don’t blame him.

Really cool rifle. Did your buddy contact Christensen about the thread protector? I bought a Mesa a while back and it didn’t come with one, but they give customers a coupon code to get one through their website for free. Free shipping too. Maybe that applies to this as well? Worth a try.

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
Really cool rifle. Did your buddy contact Christensen about the thread protector? I bought a Mesa a while back and it didn’t come with one, but they give customers a coupon code to get one through their website for free. Free shipping too. Maybe that applies to this as well? Worth a try.
Yes he did, because I bought a Mesa for my son this spring and called just like you and they sent me one free also, I guess that deal is over on the new models.

Brabell12

FNG
What's the general consensus on this rifle in 300WSM?

I have been impatiently waiting for the 300WSM rifles to pop up in stock. I will be shooting it suppressed (Nomad-30 w/ E-Brake) and they appear to be the only semi-affordable 20" 300 WSM on the market short of going custom or semi-custom. IMO this in 300WSM is the unicorn of heavy hitting Elk rifles. For some background I currently shoot a 20" 308 win and looking for a similar package but some more oomph.

My main concern is the recoil, but once a scope, suppressor and bipod are attached it should be around 8.5 lbs once fully kitted out. Velocity decrease I am aware and OK with 20" barrel velocity especially since it will be suppressed.

Dirtriding4life

Lil-Rokslider
What's the general consensus on this rifle in 300WSM?

I have been impatiently waiting for the 300WSM rifles to pop up in stock. I will be shooting it suppressed (Nomad-30 w/ E-Brake) and they appear to be the only semi-affordable 20" 300 WSM on the market short of going custom or semi-custom. IMO this in 300WSM is the unicorn of heavy hitting Elk rifles. For some background I currently shoot a 20" 308 win and looking for a similar package but some more oomph.

My main concern is the recoil, but once a scope, suppressor and bipod are attached it should be around 8.5 lbs once fully kitted out. Velocity decrease I am aware and OK with 20" barrel velocity especially since it will be suppressed.

I second that question and was wondering the same thing. Currently I shoot a Tikka 30-06 that I either need to get threaded for a suppressor or upgrade to something like this. I wish the 280ai FFT was available in 20” barrel since that cartridge seems to meet the sweet spot of long range performance on elk sized game and manageable recoil.

I am torn between the 300 wsm and the 280 ai! That shorter barrel on the wsm sure does sound nice but at the same time I have been really wanting a 280 ai...first world problems for sure.

I just barely ordered the burnt bronze in 280 AI about 5 min ago. Should ship out Monday. I have been wanting a 280 for a while now, went back and forth between that and a 6.5 prc when I ordered my BA tactical a few years ago. Ended up going 6.5 prc and have no regrets. That gun is set up for a long range tho. Excited to finally scratch the 280 AI itch. Should be the perfect mountain rifle. My NXS compact was 8 months out a month ago when I ordered it, so that sucks…I’ll have to throw something on it in the meantime.

amassi

WKR
I just barely ordered the burnt bronze in 280 AI about 5 min ago. Should ship out Monday. I have been wanting a 280 for a while now, went back and forth between that and a 6.5 prc when I ordered my BA tactical a few years ago. Ended up going 6.5 prc and have no regrets. That gun is set up for a long range tho. Excited to finally scratch the 280 AI itch. Should be the perfect mountain rifle. My NXS compact was 8 months out a month ago when I ordered it, so that sucks…I’ll have to throw something on it in the meantime.
Which nxs are you looking for? Moa is in stock at europtic and there's mil on ebay

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Which nxs are you looking for? Moa is in stock at europtic and there's mil on ebay

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
MOA - does eurooptic give mil/leo pricing on nightforce? They gave me a discount on the FFT i just ordered, but I have always ordered directly through nightforce for my scopes.