Christensen Ridgeline FFT

JD Jones

WKR
I just barely ordered the burnt bronze in 280 AI about 5 min ago. Should ship out Monday. I have been wanting a 280 for a while now, went back and forth between that and a 6.5 prc when I ordered my BA tactical a few years ago. Ended up going 6.5 prc and have no regrets. That gun is set up for a long range tho. Excited to finally scratch the 280 AI itch. Should be the perfect mountain rifle. My NXS compact was 8 months out a month ago when I ordered it, so that sucks…I’ll have to throw something on it in the meantime.
You’re gonna love the 280AI!

JD Jones

WKR
Range report?! How did it shoot?

I like what I’m seeing. Had a few instances of the ejector plunger getting stuck. Not sure “why” but thinking it was part pressure build up in the cartridge as brass was def melting and getting stuck in the plunger. I’ll be monitoring that with the ammo especially shooting when it’s 100+

amassi

WKR
MOA - does eurooptic give mil/leo pricing on nightforce? They gave me a discount on the FFT i just ordered, but I have always ordered directly through nightforce for my scopes.
Worth a call
They seem to be real stand-up outfit. I ordered a couple demos from them that were clearly new optics. Don't know if they sold out the demos or those just sat in a reps trunk but regardless I wouldn't wait 8 months for whatever mil discount nf has.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Doc Holliday
I will be using a silencer. I will remove the brake as soon as i get it. At first Christensen Arms said it was ready to ship and the next day they emailed me and said they made a mistake so it will ship in a few weeks.
How do you order directly from CA?

I picked up my FFT yesterday. Loving the rifle…I got the burnt bronze and it looks better than I expected. I am getting a crazy heavy bolt lift when I dry fire it though. Any thoughts? I am going to call christensen today.

JD Jones

WKR
I picked up my FFT yesterday. Loving the rifle…I got the burnt bronze and it looks better than I expected. I am getting a crazy heavy bolt lift when I dry fire it though. Any thoughts? I am going to call christensen today.
Mines gotten better. Think it might be the FP spring being very stout. But interested what CA will say

Mines gotten better. Think it might be the FP spring being very stout. But interested what CA will say
CA was super cool about it. Said I could send it in on their dime and they would fix it. Was yours super stiff as well? Mine was like I had to seriously muscle it up.

JD Jones

WKR
CA was super cool about it. Said I could send it in on their dime and they would fix it. Was yours super stiff as well? Mine was like I had to seriously muscle it up.
It was stiff like that 1-2 cycles but now after 40 rounds things are working perfectly. No issues to speak of

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have the dimensions on the stock? Total length? I prefer a more compact stock with a shorter barrel.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
Also, can anyone comment on how the quality compares to say a Sako? I have a Finnlight in 7-08 that I would consider trading to try one of these out. I personally like the mag on the Sako but I could be sold either way. If I keep the Sako I have been strongly considering a Wildcat stock.

Cheers

amassi

WKR
Also, can anyone comment on how the quality compares to say a Sako? I have a Finnlight in 7-08 that I would consider trading to try one of these out. I personally like the mag on the Sako but I could be sold either way. If I keep the Sako I have been strongly considering a Wildcat stock.

Cheers
Keep your sako

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Cheers
I had a finnlight 308…I am personally impressed with the quality of the FFT. I don’t know if it is better than the sako, but it isn’t worse. I was worried the stock would feel cheap, but it doesn’t.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
I had a finnlight 308…I am personally impressed with the quality of the FFT. I don’t know if it is better than the sako, but it isn’t worse. I was worried the stock would feel cheap, but it doesn’t.
How smooth is the action and the round feeding?

Thanks for the replies. It's about a 10-hour round trip to see one in person. I asked the shop owner the same question and he kind of compared a Sako to a Cadillac and the CA to a Corvette. I think I will just have to make the drive.