Christensen Ridgeline FFT

Had a chance to get out and do the barrel break in CA recommends. I had some more issues with the factory Hornady ammo, out of 40 rounds of that I brought with me 8 of those wouldn’t even chamber. I couldn’t force the bolt closed even if I tried. The other 32 was pretty tough to close the bolt on but it would go. I finished my break in with Unknown Munitions 127 LRX and it was flawless, chambered and ejected with ease! I tried chambering more Hornady when I got home and there was zero issues with any of the rounds I tried. It shoots fantastic with everything I tried. This was the last 7 rounds of UM I put through it. 408D4891-D4C6-4791-8806-AA73126C6191.jpeg

OP
Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Picked up my Ridgeline FFT in 7-08 from my dealer today.

It's exactly what I was hoping for from a fit/finish perspective.
The bolt knob is the perfect size and what all CAs should come with.
The action is very smooth (much more than my Ridgeline Ti was).
Bolt lift is not heavy at all.

Loading up some TTSX and BT rounds tonight. Hopefully it shoots

Will get better glass at some point, but for now it will wear a Razor HD LH 2-10x40 w HSR-4 reticle

20221003_145231.jpg

Dhbwa

WKR
Picked up my Ridgeline FFT in 7-08 from my dealer today.

It's exactly what I was hoping for from a fit/finish perspective.
The bolt knob is the perfect size and what all CAs should come with.
The action is very smooth (much more than my Ridgeline Ti was).
Bolt lift is not heavy at all.

Loading up some TTSX and BT rounds tonight. Hopefully it shoots

Will get better glass at some point, but for now it will wear a Razor HD LH 2-10x40 w HSR-4 reticle

View attachment 459225
I am a confirmed 7-08 packrat and have come close to buying one of these several times….Especially since I have about $180 of credit at SW…..

Youngryan

FNG
My Ridgeline FFT 300 prc should be here in about a week.
Have you been able to shoot your 300PRC yet? Curious your thoughts on the recoil. I would like to buy one for my wife in 7mm, 28 Nos or 300PRC. Curious what recoil is like on FFT? THANK YOU

Have you been able to shoot your 300PRC yet? Curious your thoughts on the recoil. I would like to buy one for my wife in 7mm, 28 Nos or 300PRC. Curious what recoil is like on FFT? THANK YOU
With the brake that comes with it it has the recoil of about 308. I did the break in using the brake. After the break in was done i shoot it with my Q Half Nelson silencer. It recoils about like a 308 with either.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
This arrived today and I'm taking it to the range tomorrow. I'm blown away how light it is.

I'm still undecided on which scope, so I threw a vx3i I had laying around on it to start. I'm leaving the break on through the break in, then it'll wear a SiCo Omega. 🤞

Attachments

• PXL_20221025_212541717.jpg
    PXL_20221025_212541717.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 53
Just picked up my 300wm today, with a new Trijicon tenmile 3-18 for it. Can't wait to shoot it. Shopping rings and pic rails currently. Anyone have any issues with a rail in a magnum caliber interfering with loading/ ejection? Looking for a 20 MOA rail with a built in level, or a set of ultralight rings with an integral level. Anyone have any recommendations in this regard for this rifle?

JD Jones

WKR
Just picked up my 300wm today, with a new Trijicon tenmile 3-18 for it. Can't wait to shoot it. Shopping rings and pic rails currently. Anyone have any issues with a rail in a magnum caliber interfering with loading/ ejection? Looking for a 20 MOA rail with a built in level, or a set of ultralight rings with an integral level. Anyone have any recommendations in this regard for this rifle?
I went with the Hawkins rings mounted straight to the action on a long action FFT. Zero issues and saved me a little weight as well as it’s one less variable to fail. Good luck with your new gun

Brendan

WKR
Chiming in to this thread - have a new Ridgeline FFT Ti in 6.5 PRC that I'm setting up now, haven't even shot it yet. Like some others, Bolt lift is feeling stiffer than I'm used to.

I'd rather not send it back to CA if I can avoid it, has anyone had it loosen up? Anyone just send back their bolt as opposed to the whole rifle to have a new spring put in?

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Chiming in to this thread - have a new Ridgeline FFT Ti in 6.5 PRC that I'm setting up now, haven't even shot it yet. Like some others, Bolt lift is feeling stiffer than I'm used to.

I'd rather not send it back to CA if I can avoid it, has anyone had it loosen up? Anyone just send back their bolt as opposed to the whole rifle to have a new spring put in?
Shoot it. It will loosen up.